jkt 9m bullets

PDA

Kestral
December 1, 2008, 12:06 PM
Have purchased a few thousand commercial 9m jktd bullets advertised at 124gr RN CMJ SWAGED. Loaded up a 100 rds last week with my usual load, 4.5 grns Unique:and was all over the place. Checked the weight of the heads,and found they varied from 118.6 to 124.9, with one at 131.0gr. Am now having to weigh them in batches for example 121.0 to 121.5 etc to keep them fairly consistant. Can any long term 9mm reloader tell me if I can still use a std powder weight on these batches or if varied,by how much increase or decrease to be safe,or is the difference in bullet weight not to excessive.Many thanks Kestral

If you enjoyed reading about "jkt 9m bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Galil5.56
December 1, 2008, 12:20 PM
Your 4.5 grain charge of Unique will be fine with any weight you mention, and if so inclined can be stoked up quite a bit more and still be safe, but how accurate only shooting will tell.

Even if all these jacketed/plated bullets weighted 130 grains, Speer lists 5.1 grains of Unique as max for their 130 TMJ. If 124 grains or less, 6 grains and even a smidge more would be max by published data I have.

rfwobbly
December 1, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'll second Galil's advice.

Kestral
December 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the infi Galil5.56,much appreciated. takes a weight off of my mind.regards Kestral

Galil5.56
December 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome Kestral.

Unique is like magic in 9mm, and for the very reason you ask... Safe flexibility that works well. It burns easily, is not "peaky" even on the high charge weight end, and works so well from very light cast bullet charges all the way to +P velocity loads at sub +P pressures. It is almost always the first propellant I grab to work up loads for a new 9mm pistol, and what I use for some of my SD loads... Yep, been around for over 100 years, and not because it sucks.

If you enjoyed reading about "jkt 9m bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!