Kel Tec PF9

PDA

skeptiq
December 1, 2008, 04:57 PM
Just curious what the Kel Tec PF-9 is running new/used in your area. I am thinking about getting one as a carry piece when I get my ccw, so I am price shopping.

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel Tec PF9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
doglb
December 1, 2008, 05:04 PM
Picked one up for around $249-in Ft. Wayne, IN.
Came with a metal mag release button-:D

Works great!! Ran over 200rnds through it without a hitch.

skeptiq
December 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
doglb, was that new or used???

Thanks!

doglb
December 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
it was new!

MrEG62U
December 2, 2008, 12:56 PM
300 new om atlanta, i haven't had a problems with mine yet.

j_charles
December 2, 2008, 05:07 PM
I got mine used for $229 OTD. There was another one listed for $249 used. New they go for around $289 in these parts. Of course this was all before the election, so who knows what they're doing now? :uhoh:

ETA: By the way... good choice! I carry mine all day and barely notice it!

skeptiq
December 2, 2008, 06:00 PM
It's coming down to the PF-9 and the Bersa Thunder 380. I looked at both today at the LGS, I would like to carry IWB, which would be pretty equal for both. Obviously the PF-9 is thinner and lighter, but I like the idea of the single action with the Bersa. Also, I would like to stick with 9mm Luger so I don't have to buy diff ammo. So you can see I am on the fence.

I found a place online where I can get the Bersa new for $230 + $35 (shipping) + $20 for my FFL. I found a used PF-9 for $285ish at a shop.

Argh...

rhinoh
December 2, 2008, 07:32 PM
Thats a tough choice..I have a PF9 as well as the Bersa 380. The Bersa never ever fails, the PF9 is giving me trouble, just when I think I got it running right it will stovepipe the new round or fail to feed with a nosedive or something. If the (mine) PF9 worked flawlessly like the Bersa there would be no decision.
Note I have an older P11 and two P3ATS that have been great...suckered me into the PF9 which I now sort of regret buying.
BTW if you don't already know 380 practice ammo costs a whole lot more than 9mm generally...doesn't make sense from a materials standpoint but thats the way it is.

skeptiq
December 2, 2008, 09:09 PM
I noticed the cost difference and that does play a small part in my final decision. I am still doing some research to figure it out, it's a tough one though. Also, one of my co-workers just told me her hubby is selling his police issued (he bought it when he retired) gun because the place he works now just bought them new guns so he doesn't need that one anymore. I am waiting to see what it is and how much he's asking for it. If it's a reasonable Glock, I may have to jump on it and put the ccw on the back burner for a bit until I get my ccw anyway. Plus it's possible to carry my SW9VE without too much discomfort... Too many guns, not enough money, :banghead:

eazyasone23
December 3, 2008, 01:37 AM
i saw a new one for 249 and a used one for a 100 dollars less

rhinoh
December 3, 2008, 07:56 AM
Wow- even though I'm having problems with my PF9 if I saw a used one for $149 I'd have to buy it;)

skeptiq
December 3, 2008, 09:10 AM
I would have to say if I found a PF-9 for $149 my decision would be made for me...

markallen
December 3, 2008, 09:14 PM
I bought mine in Lisbon, NE Ohio, in August.
Paid $265.00 New.
I have had no failures of any kind.
I have put a few hundred WWB FMJ though it, and about fifty MagTec 115gr JHP +P's without a hitch.
I carry in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.
I'm very pleased with the PF9.

gdonley308
December 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
$260.00 Merrit Island Florida just got it last month. Had some light primer strikes on mil-surplus. Drove it to Kel-tec 45 minutes later they handed it back to me new slide, barrel, trigger bar, and a full fluff and buff. Apparently even though I had a pistol that was made in October I had an older slide that had the enlarged firing pin hole. The rest of the replacements she said was just something they do to ensure the pistol functions properly, Great CS!! Thing now runs 100% in the last 300rds!

skeptiq
December 4, 2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info guys... I am leaning PF-9 vs the Bersa 380 only because my other gun is a 9mm and I would rather have consolidated ammo for now. If I got something diff, I would rather have a revolver, but I want to buy my carry piece next... and I don't want to carry a revolver.

Thanks guys, you all rock!

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel Tec PF9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!