Kahr pm9 in pocket

PDA

Niosis
December 2, 2008, 02:32 AM
Can someone post pics of themselves with the kahr pm9 in pocket.

It seems I can't find a SINGLE picture or video of people with this gun in their pocket. It's quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr pm9 in pocket" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jocko
December 2, 2008, 04:44 AM
PM sent

Jiml3
December 2, 2008, 03:19 PM
I find that it is a little big for pocket carry. Also, when loaded, it tends to
print more. I use a very thin in waist plastic holster by FIST. At other times
when wearing a jacket, a high ride, straight drop slide.

jocko
December 2, 2008, 05:18 PM
mine in a desantis nemesis, seems to get by everyone so far. I carry 24/7 in my jeans front pocket. Looks like a wallet at best.

The Lone Haranguer
December 2, 2008, 05:32 PM
I carry mine in my right front pocket, in a Mika pocket holster. It is a rather tight fit in many jeans pockets, but fits well in larger pockets, e.g., cargo pant. Particularly in a tight pocket, there is a slight but unobtrusive bulge. The squared-off profile of the rear of the slide and the rear sight do make it a little more difficult to draw quickly from tight pockets. I feel these are worthwhile tradeoffs to have the power of seven 9mm cartridges as opposed to six or seven .380s or five .38s.

DZL HOG
December 2, 2008, 07:08 PM
The jeans I wear the pockets are too tight for a gun. It will fit in there, but prints terrible(even with holster) and would take a long time to draw. The grip gets hung. Plus my pockets are already full of crap that I carry on a daily basis anyway(keys, knife, ink pens, flashlight, coins and bills).
I prefer IWB.
In dress pants that are a looser fit, I could probly get away with pocket carry.

Guns and more
December 2, 2008, 07:49 PM
PM-9 is perfect for an IWB holster. Pocket carry a little big, although in cargo pants it might work. I picture a pocket carry like LCP, Seacamp.

gbelleh
December 2, 2008, 09:38 PM
I used to pocket carry a PM9. It worked fine with large shorts pockets, but I'd switch to IWB with jeans or tighter fitting pants.

Ringer
December 2, 2008, 10:35 PM
I know you are looking for a pic in the pocket but this is the best I can do for now. I agree with others who have said it's a tight fit. In cargo pants/shorts no problem. In jeans, forget it, but I don't think you can really carry any gun in jeans pockets, at least I can't.

http://home.comcast.net/~ringer1/PM9.JPG

Dan-O
December 3, 2008, 12:38 AM
I carry mine in my pocket daily in my Carhart Jeans. No holster. It is not an issue unless I am sitting down, and if I am, I am conscious about putting my hand, or arm against my leg to cover it up.

Girodin
December 3, 2008, 01:36 AM
I carry mine in my pocket daily in my Carhart Jeans. No holster.

I would really advise the use of a pocket holster for pocket carry.

jehu
December 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
+1 pocket carry with no holster = AD:banghead::cuss:

jocko
December 3, 2008, 01:13 PM
carrying in pocket is like safe sex, KEEP IT COVERED AT ALL TIMES

Tirod
December 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
LCP in a Nemesis is obviously there, just not very clear what it is. Jeans are the worst with short pockets and tight thigh cuts. It takes a really relaxed fit to make it not show at all.

I'm looking to IWB or something for winter carry, and not wearing jeans for casual summer. "Looks like a wallet" is still too obvious for me.

jocko
December 3, 2008, 02:10 PM
thats cause ur looking, IMO 98% aren't.

rondog
December 3, 2008, 02:22 PM
I carry mine in my pocket daily in my Carhart Jeans. No holster. It is not an issue unless I am sitting down, and if I am, I am conscious about putting my hand, or arm against my leg to cover it up.

Does the name "Plaxico Burress" mean anything to ya?

Dan-O
December 3, 2008, 11:04 PM
Ever heard of not putting your booger hook on the bang stick? Give me a break.

gbran
December 3, 2008, 11:59 PM
I carry the PM9 in Tactical 511 shirts. They have a pouch behind the pockets. Very comfortable.

Niosis
December 4, 2008, 12:13 AM
carrying in pocket is like safe sex, KEEP IT COVERED AT ALL TIMES

That should be added to the top 4 rules of gun safety.

Try submitting it to the NRA. :) Then we could have the 5 rules of gun safety.

"Looks like a wallet" is still too obvious for me.

I don't see how looking like a wallet could be too obvious. If you think that an LCP is unsuitable for pocket carry, you are most definitely in the minority. And by minority, I mean, you are the only person I have ever seen complain about pocket carry LCP in my extensive forum surfing about the LCP.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr pm9 in pocket" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!