NW Arkansas Buck

PDA

Newt
December 2, 2008, 04:14 PM
Story goes like this...

I was going to hunt a powerline on the north side of a hill that connects to our property hoping the south wind would't be bad, but I was wrong. After about 20 minutes in the stand, I decided to head back into the woods and hunt a lock-on stand about 100yds from the powerline. I sat there until I couldn't see anymore (or so I thought) and climbed down. I walked back out to the four-wheeler trail where I'd walk back out to the main trail. While heading back out to the main trail, I heard something walking through the woods. I knew whatever it was had a definite pace (no squirrel), so I thought I better stop to check it out. Sure enough, there he was, but I couldn't tell that it was a buck with my bare eyes (almost dark at this point), so I scoped him, and saw a large fork. I knew then that he was legal, so I waited until he crossed an opening about 50-60 yds from me. I had to get him to stop, so I did my best moo-bleat imitation with my mouth. He stopped and looked right at me. Here's the result.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Newtss/Newt-2008Deer.jpg
Used Tikka T3 .243

If you enjoyed reading about "NW Arkansas Buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TCB in TN
December 2, 2008, 04:19 PM
We done! Nice deer.

3pairs12
December 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
Very nice congrats.

If you enjoyed reading about "NW Arkansas Buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!