Took the Sp TRP and EMP to the range today

PDA

jimk66
December 2, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hi Guy's, I thought I'd take the Springfield brothers (SS 1911 TRP and a 9mm EMP) to the range with me today. I only had a hundred rounds of WWB ammo for each but I still had fun. The TRP was fantastic as usual and the little EMP did super as well. However, try as I might I couldn't shoot the groups with the EMP that tthe TRP produced from 10 yrds out to 22 yrds. Still a pretty accurate little short barreled pistol.
Although the EMP isn't my best shooting 9 it sure is one of my prettiest.:D
As for 45' caliber pistols....Man I have an HK45c and a Sig P220c that I love shooting, but you throw a 1911 into the mix.(especially Springfield's ;).... and ask what do you like and shoot best and 9 times out of 10 the answer will be a 1911 ...hands down.
Anyway, I just wanted to share some thoughts with you all about my day at the range with the Springfield brothers.
Best,
JimK66
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/JimK60/NewTRP.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/JimK60/SpringfieldEMPJuly2007.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Took the Sp TRP and EMP to the range today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Claude Clay
December 2, 2008, 04:00 PM
sounds like you had some fun. please tell me more about the EMP--i am interested in one for my wife but if it gropes rather than groups, perhaps i wont. she is ok with my defender reduced recoil loads. 200 gr LSWC at 750 feet/sec. the 1911 frame downsized to the EMP in 9mm is attractive though.

jimk66
December 2, 2008, 06:08 PM
Glad to share and help as much as I can. I can shoot 5 round groups all day with the EMP and stay inside a 7" pie pan at 22 yrds. A good shooter with good eyes could do much better (I'm old with poor eye sight :(). At twenty foot... a fifty cent piece will cover 3 round groups. At 30'....2-21/2" circle. Out further I'm having touble seeing the small dots darn it.
The little pistol is a nice soft shooter and fits my smallish hands great.
Let me know if you want more specific info.
JimK

Walkalong
December 2, 2008, 06:22 PM
Now that is a good day at the range. :)

possum
December 2, 2008, 06:41 PM
nice, i love my sa mc operator, and i know that the trp are sweet, i haven't gotten a chance to try the emp yet but that is something i want to try.

If you enjoyed reading about "Took the Sp TRP and EMP to the range today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!