the xl7 showed today

PDA

paintballdude902
December 3, 2008, 09:03 PM
well i got my .30-06 xl7 almost 2 weeks after i ordered it, but with thanks giving i understand they told me a week or two weeks max

its a good looking gun, it came with a two piece scope mount from weever very nice crisp adjustable trigger

there are 5 things i dont like so far
1 no iron sights.....oh well just a personal thing
2 no wood available yet.... oh well its gonna be a beater gun
3 the diagram shows a 1 piece scope mount.. id just like marlin to get it right which they are sending
4 it didnt come with the alan wrenches to take the gun apart but ok i just got to go dig mine out of the garage
5 this is the biggest of all....it doesnt balance as well as my 336

its a great gun im just a tad picky but for 341 out the door its a good deal and a good rifle

now i just need to buy a new scope right now i have my bsa catseye 1.5-4.5 on it it looks ok but i want a tad bigger bell

range report tomorrow

If you enjoyed reading about "the xl7 showed today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jpwilly
December 3, 2008, 09:43 PM
For a budget rifle I think you'll be happy so far as it shoots decent groups.

I have a Mossberg ATR 30-06 that shoots 3/4" groups with the first box of ammo I've tried!! That's just the cheap Federal 150gr SP $12.97 stuff from wally world. Cant wait to get some handloads set up for it!

paintballdude902
December 3, 2008, 09:47 PM
jp im using handloads to sight it in i cant wait

If you enjoyed reading about "the xl7 showed today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!