Need Help on some History

PDA

alex9328
December 4, 2008, 07:45 AM
Guys put on your thinking caps!

I just purchased an overunder combination rifle shotgun that has a label of "FLAIG ACE AUSTRIA "

Not sure of the gauge yet or caliber of the rifle. The shop I purchased it from had a tag on it that said " 20g-222 rem " but I have to confirm that.

I am ask if anyone has every heard of that brand or marker.

I will post photo later, when I get a chance. Finish of firearm is good, styling is like an overunder shotgun with internal hammer, not like Savage or H&R etc.
The release lever is on top, moving the lever to the right opens firearm, after closing, moving lever to the left, cocks rifle. There is a chamber selection slide on the left side close to the trigger area. Nice wood, but once phot are up. You all will be the judge on it.

I am asking for help to get a better idea of value for trading purposes.

Respectfully, Alex

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Help on some History" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
woof
December 4, 2008, 02:23 PM
Did you ask the shop what their basis was for caliber and gauge?

uh-oh
December 4, 2008, 02:28 PM
I don't know much about shotguns other than the modern ones, but I thought there were over-unders in 20 gage and .410s with a rifle caliber in the second barrel.

alex9328
December 4, 2008, 02:50 PM
Okay, We got the ball rolling, Fandamntastic. THe rifle shotgun is great shape and it seems like in new condition. However, the butt rubber cushion look like a little dry rot.

Yes, Tag mentioned 20ga. I will get photo posted A.S.A.P. I did a internet search so far and I have not gotten any results. Blue Book of Gun Values@ has no list either.

But I am not sure if I am querying search properly.

Thanks THR Family. Alex Longoria

USSR
December 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
Flaig's Lodge in Millvale, PA was an importer of high quality Austrian made rifles at least into the the 1970's and perhaps the 1980's.

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Help on some History" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!