Do you remember back when.....

PDA

BornAgainBullseye
December 4, 2008, 12:08 PM
The Anti's were telling everybody that Glocks were evil because of their polymer construction, that they were made only for terrorists who sneak them by airport screenings....... I laughed then, and it just out of left field crossed my mind and I am laughing now...:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you remember back when....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thunder496
December 4, 2008, 09:43 PM
I thought they where made of porcelain.........................You know the Glock 7:D

MIgunguy
December 4, 2008, 10:01 PM
Wasn't that way back when a milled PoyTech AK was less than $500 and 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 less than $80? Oh, the good old days...

Tirod
December 5, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, and even before, the HK91 with poly furniture was $160. Way cheaper than a Remington 700.

VP70's were almost as cheap, and available. Poly frames existed way before Glock. Nobody talked about it much, it was a sci fi ray gun. Only Euro gun nerds had them.

Heck, that was before the term "nerd."

BlindJustice
December 5, 2008, 12:48 PM
I remember the ads in magazines as I was 13? that had the
surplus rifles and handguns for rediculous prices
the big mail order outfit Oswald got his carcarno
from.... of course back then it was a simpler time
in that you had a choice of .45 ACP in 230 gr. FMJ
Remington or 230 gr. FMj Winchester

R-

mljdeckard
December 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
I STILL have to explain to people, that there is not now, nor was there ever, a Glock that can go through metal detectors. Neither is there a Glock that you can use for an assassination, and toss it into a wood chipper to get rid of the evidence.

OleCodger
December 5, 2008, 05:08 PM
you could hunt on anyone's farm without asking permission, you just treated it like it was yours, when the smell of burned powder and gun oil had a magical aroma like no other smell on earth, when 50 cents would buy a box of 50 long rifle shells, when you could legally shoot turtles and snakes, when I read and reread the ads on how to become a taxidermist in Field and Stream, when stories of running trap lines in Outdoor Life was more realistic than HD TV is today, and most important my 12th Christmas in '50 when a J.C. Higgins Single Shot .22 rifle with its chrome plated bolt appeared under the tree gleaming like magic.......still have that rifle today and it is absolutely not for sale at any price! Those were the "Good Ole Days" but in spite of everything, I'm still having fun today with the Remington 552BDL, Taurus, Ishmash, Rugers, High Standards (Hamden vintage), Sig Sauers and yes, most of all, with that little 'Higgins!!! And there is still something magic about that smell. But most important of all, we have a 47 year old son that some way, some how, the love of guns and shooting was instilled in him....and every minute spent with him on the range is a reward beyond words............

Just remember, the world "ain't" perfect but it is the best one we have available right now. Everyone have a Safe and Happy Holiday season......and don't forget why we celebrate 12-25!!!!!!

KBintheSLC
December 5, 2008, 05:27 PM
I remember these myths about the early Glocks. Just another uneducated, sensationalist liberal rant from a media that reports on things they know nothing about.

Dr_2_B
December 5, 2008, 07:45 PM
I wanna wax philosophical for a minute. We know how much the news media massacres the truth with regard to guns. Each of us has our own other fields of expertise and we know how badly the media gets is wrong when it comes to those fields we know about (for me, it's psychology and music). They're that wrong about every subject and they don't really care that they're wrong because sensationalism trumps the truth.

What this means is that the entire nation gets most of its information from sources that are flat-out wrong on at least 30% of what they report. That's scary.

Frog48
December 5, 2008, 07:59 PM
sources that are flat-out wrong on at least 30% of what they report.

Oh, like wikipedia. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you remember back when....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!