AR-10 Prices- Unholy

PDA

bang_bang
December 5, 2008, 12:26 AM
I visited a local gun shop today...wow.

He had 2 DPMS .308 cal AR's, one with a fixed stock and the other with the M4 style.

The fixed stock had rails and such, maybe a longer barrel. That rig would run some one around $1,800.

The M4 stocked, shorter barrel version without rails was priced at $1,575.

Not only is this stupid, but around 3 weeks ago, the M4 stocked one was $200 cheaper. We're not going to see a price drop anytime soon, they seem to keep going up.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-10 Prices- Unholy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mgregg85
December 5, 2008, 01:31 AM
Obama being elected was probably the biggest boost these gun shops have had since the AWB expired. Now they are cashing in on the rush.

Kind of Blued
December 5, 2008, 01:49 AM
It makes sense. There are probably 50-100 AR-15s for every AR-10. Most of the guys who already have 15s probably are looking for 10s because they don't have one.

UnTainted
December 5, 2008, 01:51 AM
only Armalite makes the ar-10. what dpms makes is not an ar-10. it is their own configuration of a .308 semi-auto.

Kind of Blued
December 5, 2008, 02:01 AM
...and only Colt makes the AR-15? I don't pay much attention to who has terms trademarked.

bang_bang
December 5, 2008, 02:02 AM
Well excuse the @#$% outta me for calling DPMS an AR-10.

FlyinBryan
December 5, 2008, 02:10 AM
if your going to lose sleep over 200 bux maybe you should think about an sks or something

Cesiumsponge
December 5, 2008, 02:14 AM
Obama being elected was probably the biggest boost these gun shops have had since the AWB expired. Now they are cashing in on the rush.

Of course, gotta sell everything at inflated prices because they're going out of business once they get banned :uhoh:

bang_bang
December 5, 2008, 02:16 AM
I'm not going to loose sleep, plus he had a decently priced SKS in the same shop, now that you mention it. Might make a nice companion to my other one.

My point is to show how the price continues to rise even a month after election day. I'm totally sorry if some people find this a waste of their time to read, but I find it interesting that one man can drastically change our hobby/lifestyle without even holding an office as of today. If you don't find this interesting, don't post your "humorous" responses due to the grace of the reading pleasure of others.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-10 Prices- Unholy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!