NC CHP holder database available online

PDA

notconcealed
December 5, 2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.notconcealed.com/

Information on normal permitholders is mostly redacted. Public officials have their full information posted.

Let's make some noise and get this information removed from public record!

If you enjoyed reading about "NC CHP holder database available online" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
December 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
How to you want to "make some noise" and to whom?

Sinixstar
December 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure these things are a matter of public record. Not a whole lot you can really get up in arms about. I suppose it depends on your state, and what the law is and how it's handled in that state.

If it's public record, it's public record. At least whoever it was that put it up had the decency to redact personal information.

arjppj
December 25, 2008, 06:08 AM
alright, I'm not the only one on my street with a permit!!!!!!
At least most of the info is not shown, it beats the newspapers that show EVERYTHING

notorious
December 25, 2008, 06:11 AM
Good, maybe the criminals will leave you guys alone after they see you are a permit holder.

RonSC
December 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
Once upon a time NC and SC saw eye to eye on 2nd Amendment (privacy)rights, but sadly this is no longer the case. NC's increasingly liberal-leaning elected officials have seen fit to embrace the status quo of the nation as a whole with regard to rights of gun owners. Fortunately, Governor Sanford (SC) has seen fit to "buck" this Trend, to wit

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=19937

Thank God sanity still prevails in the Sandlapper state!

jorb
December 25, 2008, 12:43 PM
I don't see why it is in the public domain.

AirForceShooter
December 25, 2008, 01:42 PM
just ran my SIL and I know he and at least 4 of his neighbors have CCW's and not a thing came up

AFS

Lone_Gunman
December 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
I don't see why it is in the public domain.

State issued licenses pretty much need to be in the public domain. Otherwise, there is no way to know whether or not licenses are being issued fairly. You don't want the government issuing licenses at whim, and refusing others at whim.

The Freeholder
December 25, 2008, 08:39 PM
How to you want to "make some noise" and to whom?

Well, we can start with writing letters to your elected state rep and senator. If you write/blog/whatever, you can put it there to raise awareness. It's that "A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step." thing.

I didn't know this was public information, and I live in NC. Now excuse me while I go blog a bit.

Rodentman
December 25, 2008, 09:30 PM
In MN this info is not available to the public.

tinygnat219
December 26, 2008, 07:10 AM
It's a pretty useless site.

Send complaints here: info@notconcealed.com

It's on the site.

woodsoup
December 26, 2008, 01:20 PM
I checked to see if we were in the data base. Yup, they even included our street address. You might want to check to see if they "forgot" to redact yours too. I just emailed them and they redacted the address.

rscalzo
December 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
Here's the state law:

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByChapter/Chapter_132.html

Similar to most states law concerning Open Records. Pretty much everything is fair game except SS numbers.

KimKommando
December 28, 2008, 12:44 AM
I am on there, as is my husband and at least ten of my neighbors (on my street), looks like there are quite a few people armed here in the "gun club". People can piss off. I tell everyone I know I am packing, probably because they are packing, too. I am not worried about anyone screwing with me. Both of us are military, I have a big GSD and nosy neighbors. If someone makes it past all that, they had better hope I am not home.....that's what the shotgun is for.

gc70
January 4, 2009, 03:41 AM
Nice. We are so far ahead of the pack in North Carolina that we don't have to wait for an anti-gun newpaper to make CHP info easily available - someone in the gun-owning community has done it for them.

AllAmerican
January 9, 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure these things are a matter of public record. Not a whole lot you can really get up in arms about. I suppose it depends on your state, and what the law is and how it's handled in that state.

If it's public record, it's public record. At least whoever it was that put it up had the decency to redact personal information.

Plenty you can do about it.

Join a Grass Roots group. Find a rep to sponsor a bill. Contact legislators. Get it in the press.

Doing nothing accomplishes nothing.

If you enjoyed reading about "NC CHP holder database available online" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!