I'm so proud!

PDA

trackaddict88
December 5, 2008, 05:42 PM
I took my stepdaughter shooting over the holidays while she was visiting. I finally convinced her a single woman living alone should have protection. She was interested in a .32 or .380. I got her to shoot my .22 pistol and then a Glock 17 then a Glock 26. Then she rented a Kahr P-9 and Pm-9. We had a ball! Great Quality Time! I am pretty sure she'll be a better shot than me, too.:confused: Anyway, less than a week after she got home she took the list of guns to check for fit I gave her and went shopping. She got a Kel-tec Pf-9 and some ammo. She is also checking on getting her CCW Permit!:D I'll sleep better at night and now we can go shooting too!:D:D:D

Now if only I can convince her mother...

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm so proud!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mooseman
December 5, 2008, 05:49 PM
Congrats! So nice to hear you were able to turn someone on to the idea of protecting themselves. We need people like you.:)

trackaddict88
December 5, 2008, 06:01 PM
Her dad was army way back when. We've been shooting a few times too. He went and bought a Hi Point 9 mm (better than a rock) and a Mossberg 500 12 ga. the other day as well. Liiberals frighten him.:)

I've been doing easy "conversions". The wife will be a hard nut to crack. If I can convince her I can convince Hilary!:D

trackaddict88
December 5, 2008, 06:08 PM
I totally forgot to mention how happy it made her ! Good times...

MT GUNNY
December 5, 2008, 06:28 PM
Don't convince her mother. just keep taking her daughter shooting, and she will get jealous and want to go:)

Dr_2_B
December 5, 2008, 07:37 PM
Mt gunny,

Ooh, you're evil.

trackaddict88
December 5, 2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks Moose and Gunny. Her mom does have a jealous streak, just not about guns or her daughter.

I also want to thank whoever has the sig about gun control being the right of 110 lb. women to fight off 210 lb. rapists. I used it and I'm gonna keep using it. Works. I weigh 206 or so now that I'm laid off and hitting the gym every day. Wife and daughter weigh 110-120. Told them both no hand to hand self defense technique could stop a man my size with evil intent. I got a bunch of "what ifs" and told them it all came down to if I hit them once they are KOed. Showed them, with no contact of course although I got hit. An unconcious woman has NO defense. More often than not a rape ends with murder. SD classes are good, but better with a weapon.

Looking down the barrel of a 9mm or bigger is, however, a deterrent. It works even better with lead and fire coming out of it.;)

presspuller
December 5, 2008, 09:40 PM
You did good.
Don't sweat her being a better shot than you, about any woman can out shoot any man most times.

trackaddict88
December 6, 2008, 01:18 AM
Happy for her being such a good shot. A bit disapointed in me. More practice, or there's always the 12 ga.:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm so proud!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!