Understanding K98 rear sight

PDA

Dirtbag
December 5, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hi lads, just got my k98 out in front of me here, just wanna try and understand it abit better.

I slide the rear site all the way back, then move it forward so it clicks into the first notch the number 1, am I wrong in thinking that this is the "rear most" setting and "battle setting". So if I was to shoot this from 100, it will shoot high as it is zeroed for 300 metres ?

So at the next notch number 2, would it then be set up for 400 metres and so on. I have notced that there are notches in between so would this be halfs or does each notch or slot = 100 metres.

hope you can help guys

db

If you enjoyed reading about "Understanding K98 rear sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mauserguy
December 5, 2008, 08:13 PM
It'll shoot on target at 100 meters with the correct ammunition when the site is set at 1. It's that simple. Most people shoot the wrong ammo in the rifle, which makes them shoot differently.
Mauserguy

Dirtbag
December 6, 2008, 05:57 AM
Ok thanks mate

If you enjoyed reading about "Understanding K98 rear sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!