Sig P239 owners...

PDA

Agent-J
December 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
Does your pinky hang below the grip?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P239 owners..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gbelleh
December 6, 2008, 04:46 PM
My pinky fits perfectly on the finger extension on the magazine. I also have the Hogue finger groove grips that make it fit even more like a glove.

AK103K
December 6, 2008, 05:05 PM
My pinky fits perfectly on the finger extension on the magazine.
As does mine.

I have Houge Checkered Coco bolo on mine. They're nice, but I wish SIG would offer the standard grips with a little more swell.

Agent-J
December 6, 2008, 05:06 PM
i'm trying to decide between a 229 and a 239.

the 229 fit awesome today at the shop, but it's a tad large.

The Lone Haranguer
December 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
Mine fit with a magazine (slightly extended floorplate/finger rest) in place. I learned very quickly to hold my little finger away from the grip when reloading. I slammed the magazine home with the finger clenched and pinched it painfully between the floorplate and mag well, hard enough to draw blood. :eek: You don't have to tell me twice. :o

AK103K
December 6, 2008, 05:34 PM
I have a P229 as well. The difference between them really isnt all that great, and the P229 carries half again as much ammo in the gun. I carry the P229 on a daily basis, the P239 mostly resides in the safe.

Agent-J
December 6, 2008, 05:41 PM
yea i really liked the 229 today when I held it, but i'm kind of iffy about the DA/SA trigger. I've only shot DAO really.

However, I do like the idea of carrying +1 in the pipe with a decocker setup as it seems very safe. I also really like the sig decocker that SLOWLY drops the hammer as opposed to the HK decocker that sounds like the gun is going off.

Now the real problem is finding a local shop that has a 229 in 9mm in stock as I don't want to wait 3 months for a backorder.

AK103K
December 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
SIG's DA triggers are very nice. I doubt you'll have trouble with it, especially if your used to DAO. My P245 was converted to DAO before I picked it up, and its trigger was very nice also, but I prefer to keep things simple and have all of them set up the same basic way if possible. The previous owner was nice enough to include the original parts with the gun, so I switched it back.

The decockers work well, and with a little practice, it becomes natural to decock as you go to low ready. I do it automatically with my off thumb.

I'd also suggest you look at the P226 at the same time your looking at the others. As I said earlier, there is really little difference between the different models, other than the P230/232's. The P226 and P229 are very similar in size, but do feel different in the grip, and how they come up, or at least for me they do. I actually prefer the P226's grip, but the P229 seems to come up just a tad better for me for some reason.

Claude Clay
December 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
med-large hands and--no

i actually had to get up and go and hold it and look....:scrutiny:

UnTainted
December 6, 2008, 06:16 PM
I have thin fingers, though long, and without the mag I can still get all my fingers onto the metal. I know people with huge hands and they still like the 239 (maybe with different grips, though, such as the rubber finger grooved ones or Nills

AZGlock13
December 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
My pinky fits perfectly on the finger extension on the magazine. I also have the Hogue finger groove grips that make it fit even more like a glove.

I have the same setup and my pinkie fits on the mag extension perfectly as well. I really like the Hogue rubber finger groove wrap-around grips on all three of my Sigs (a P220ST, a P229R DAK .40S&W and a P239 DAK 9mm).

I conceal carry both my P229R and my P239. The P239 conceals a tad bit better than the P229. I would recommend getting both if you can, but if I only could have just one, I would most likely keep my P229R. Here is a pic of my P229R and P239 together:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/AZGlock13/Sig%20P239/P229_P239_1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P239 owners..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!