Mercury Recoil Suppressor

PDA

atvalaska
December 6, 2008, 08:48 PM
The Mercury Recoil Suppressor anybody have ? hows it work? i went to there web site.. really no pics ..there from what i can gather you bore a hole in the stock an insert? if i was to do a muzzle brake ,,,do this mercry thing,and a limb saver that would be sweet!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mercury Recoil Suppressor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dirtyjim
December 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
they work by having a tube that is partialy filled with mercury. when you shoot the mercury is at the front of the tube & slowly moves to the back absorbing some of the recoil. most of the time they are used in shotguns. i considered using one on a 35 whelen project with a steel butplate.

jmorris
December 7, 2008, 11:27 AM
I have two and a limbsaver on one of my rifles and you can tell quite a difference when shot side by side with a friends identical (but stock) rifle. With some synthetic stocks you’ll have to mount them on a plate between the stock and recoil pad.

After my experience with them in rifles, I decided to bore out a guide rod in a 1911 and replace the weight of metal removed (“so it would weigh no more than common steel” if you shoot some pistol sports you know why) with mercury and cap the end. Once polished you couldn’t tell it from stock unless you shook it or shot two pistols (1 with 1 w/o) side by side.

Rancho Relaxo
December 7, 2008, 11:59 AM
It's my very unprofessional opinion that a hunk of lead in your stock would do just about the same thing for a fraction of the cost.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mercury Recoil Suppressor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!