New SA 1911 Mil Spec Owner. Need tips.

PDA

Fixxxer
December 6, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'm new to 1911's and wanted the low down on 1911 accessories. (mags, grips, sights)

What's good and where to buy?

If you enjoyed reading about "New SA 1911 Mil Spec Owner. Need tips." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
December 6, 2008, 09:46 PM
Very simple. go to brownells.com and order their free 1911 catalog. All kinds of good stuff you never knew you needed.

I would start with a few books. History, gunsmithing, even a few good magazines (the reading kind, not the shooting kind) would open your eyes to everything you can do. You go tthe right pistol. My dad got the same one this year, I told him this is the perfect one if you want to start at the ground up and accessorize.

Most of us will tell you, less is more. The perfect fighting gun should have everything you need, nothing you don't.

If you enjoyed reading about "New SA 1911 Mil Spec Owner. Need tips." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!