Chukars:1 Me:0

PDA

1KPerDay
December 7, 2008, 11:22 AM
Those birds are the spawn of Satan himself. That is all.:cuss:
LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Chukars:1 Me:0" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
moosehunt
December 7, 2008, 12:45 PM
You only hunt Chukars once. After that, it's revenge!

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 7, 2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a hoot! :D :p

1KPerDay
December 8, 2008, 12:05 AM
You only hunt Chukars once. After that, it's revenge!
ROFL you got that right! :D

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 8, 2008, 08:34 PM
We don't have them - what is so bad?

1KPerDay
December 8, 2008, 09:45 PM
The horrific terrain, primarily, and the fact that you hump ten miles on rocky, 70-degree shale mountainsides just so they can pop up 80 yards in front of you and zoom down the ravines about 3000 feet like little Devil-rockets on a moment's notice, leaving you there cussing while they make insulting "chuk-chuk" noises at you.

I shall get even.

TehK1w1
December 9, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hehe...they sure are tasty, though.
Anyone here ever read Mcmanus's story "Chukar Madness?"

Geno
December 9, 2008, 09:46 PM
PS:

Chukars are smaller and faster than say pheasant. Every single time I have ever flushed a Chukar, it has come up straight in front of me, going direct away, and in fairly heavy cover. Never, ever, as long as I may live shall I ever forget the first time I hunted Chukar (10 years old). The noise and commotion nearly scared me to death. I didn't even have time to level my aunt's Savage .22LR/410 (using the 410) and it was gone.

Now, they're just a fun challenge. You have to be fast, and have good eye-hand coordination. JMHO.

Doc2005

moosehunt
December 10, 2008, 01:32 AM
I'll go along with all but the heavy cover part. Never seen one in cover more than low sage. Steep, rocky country, sure. And as to table fare per one fellows comment, not bad at all. Good as pheasant, not as good as quail, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chukars:1 Me:0" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!