Indiana Ammo Serialization Rumor - ??

PDA

HoosierQ
December 7, 2008, 11:45 AM
OK. So my friends are all starting to freak out here in Indiana...Indiana, 10 up from the bottom on the Brady list with I think 9 points on their little scale...about a bill that would call for serialization of ammunition in Indiana...with all the dispose of by 2011...and all that jazz.

I must confess not being as savy or able to research this stuff very well beyond Google. What can I tell my Hoosier friends that Indiana is not likely to pass a bill that much more gun-control friendly states have failed to pass?

More panic and quite honestly, I don't want these guys buying all the ammo in Indiana so that I can't get any.

If you enjoyed reading about "Indiana Ammo Serialization Rumor - ??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mongoose
December 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
Chances of it happening are slim to none. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

ServiceSoon
December 7, 2008, 06:28 PM
Both my reps, Joe D and Richard L have sent me letters saying they don't support anymore laws regulating firearms at this time and that enforcing curret laws are their current agenda.

Check this (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=409871) link out for more information if you would like to be more informed on this proposal.

Bubba613
December 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
This seems to be making the rounds. With no exception for LE it is dead dead dead.

BoilerUP
December 7, 2008, 07:35 PM
Rep. Bill Crawford (D, District 98) of Indianapolis is the one who "authored" this bill. While Rep. Crawford served in Korea, a quick glance (http://www.in.gov/apps/lsa/session/billwatch/billinfo?request=getLegislationByLegislator&year=2008&id=R098) at the legislation he has authored/sponsored leads one to believe this ain't much of a threat.

I have emailed my state rep (Paul Robertson) about this but have not received a response.

If it passes (which I doubt) the "sunny side" will certainly have lost its sheen and its back to KY I go...

If you enjoyed reading about "Indiana Ammo Serialization Rumor - ??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!