Zombie invasion/attack

PDA

knicks118
December 7, 2008, 11:58 PM
Yes, I am bored.

You wake up tomorrow morning in your HOME to find you are ALONE and zombies were running rampant. You have no one to look after but yourself.

You look into your safe and find...

ONLY

1 side arm:
1 long gun:

What are they?

Rarity not an issue, ammo/mags readily available.

side arm: Browning HP (since I am most familiar with them)
long gun: FN PS90

AK Pistol would not be practical as a sidearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Zombie invasion/attack" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hankdatank1362
December 8, 2008, 12:02 AM
*sigh*

ok. AK and a SIG 226.

PS90 as your only long-gun?

Oh, as much as I hate to say it... IBTL.

indoorsoccerfrea
December 8, 2008, 12:03 AM
side arm... 9 mill glock (G26) with plenty o' mags
long gunn... my saiga .223 with 50 rd mags. :neener:

BlacklabelOP
December 8, 2008, 12:06 AM
Dan wesson 10mm Razorback

Ar-10t .308

Ohio Gun Guy
December 8, 2008, 12:08 AM
Daisy lever action (.177 Cal)
surgical rubber sling shot with 8mm steel shot.

OMMM NOMMM NOMMM BRAINS:what:

SimpleIsGood229
December 8, 2008, 12:12 AM
Are you daydreaming about playing Will Smith's character in I Am Legend? Since that is the exact scenario you described, my choice is a Colt M4A1 with a Trijicon ACOG. In lieu of Will's Pentgon Light and standard M4 stock, I'd opt for a Surefire Scout Light and Vltor M4 Modstock. Oh, and put a Doctor on top of that ACOG. Sidearm is --even though I'm a SIG man-- Beretta M9A1.

gbelleh
December 8, 2008, 01:24 AM
For zombies?

AR-15
Glock 17

bhhacker
December 8, 2008, 01:45 AM
you guys are all gay. In case of zombie apocalypse I would use my Kabar knife and my Iron fists of fury to destroy those always hungry bastards :P

indoorsoccerfrea
December 8, 2008, 01:57 AM
what about infection bhhacker? everyone knows that the virus spreads though bodily fluids.:what:
personally, chuck norris would be the best bet.

THE DRILL INSTRUCTOR
December 8, 2008, 02:05 AM
I'll play. Why not?

My ruger MKII for a pistol
Tricked out 10/22 for a rifle

Because anything more than .22 is overkill on a zombie; headshots only, right?

bhhacker
December 8, 2008, 02:06 AM
im glad yo asked indoor. Obviously a snorkel, diving mask, pair of boxing gloves, and a mouthguard would be all that i need.

indoorsoccerfrea
December 8, 2008, 02:09 AM
hahaha, the mental image of you hacking and bludgeoning bloody hordes of zombies wearing that ridiculous outfit makes me laugh out loud, lol

bhhacker
December 8, 2008, 02:20 AM
It may make you laugh out loud indoors, but when my right cross saves you from contamination your gratitude will be enough :P

indoorsoccerfrea
December 8, 2008, 02:22 AM
haha ok chuck norris. just wait until you see my 223 blow heads off of zombies from miles away and never reload...withOUT even having a magazine in it...

BHP FAN
December 8, 2008, 02:25 AM
Mini 14, 9mm BHP.

ZombieKiller
December 8, 2008, 02:37 AM
Mossberg 930SPX

EdLaver
December 8, 2008, 03:02 AM
Romanian WASR-10 and FN Five SeveN pistol with 30 round mags.

glock_17_4U
December 8, 2008, 10:49 AM
I would have a glock 18 and a dead nuts reliable semi-auto shotgun.

burningsquirrels
December 8, 2008, 11:30 AM
i would probably have a CZ 75 SP-01 and an AR in 223.

...and a nice big sword. :)

+1 on the shotgun. a nice 11-87 would do.

trackaddict88
December 8, 2008, 12:07 PM
+1 G-18
+1 AK
+1 Shotgun (but a pump)

UKCPO
December 8, 2008, 12:14 PM
Desert Eagle and an M4.
Or may go with the 50cal Barrett rifle for those long distance shots instead of the M4 depending on the safe size:D

MikePGS
December 8, 2008, 12:17 PM
M-14 and 1911, of course, though really a Flame Thrower would probably take care of the zombies nicely (either the flesheaters, or the 90's alternative rock group).

RippinSVT
December 8, 2008, 12:29 PM
9mm Calico pistol and an M14.

Blacklabelz
December 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
1) http://www.designboom.com/contemporary/waterguns/06.jpg
Filled with acid.
2) http://visual.merriam-webster.com/images/society/weapons/bazooka.jpg
A big bazooka.

UKCPO
December 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
Is that non plastic eating acid? And you would not be able to use that Bazooka in a house, especially with ya back against the wall....or near one:neener:

MT GUNNY
December 8, 2008, 01:33 PM
Ak 47

I have a ? if a Zombie is defined as the Living Dead, where do you shot a dead person to kill them?

UKCPO
December 8, 2008, 01:37 PM
Head shot!!

MT GUNNY
December 8, 2008, 01:39 PM
as a living person a head shot kills. How do you know a head shot kill the dead?

UKCPO
December 8, 2008, 01:45 PM
I have seen the movies, so i know it as real:neener:
EDIT: Hope this helps someone:D http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aezzhR2FYCc http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4w1bn0-QQ2I http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oh5AdqEnvI

Blacklabelz
December 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Is that non plastic eating acid?
Yes. duh.
you would not be able to use that Bazooka in a house, especially with ya back against the wall....or near one
If zombies were to get inside my home, normal firearms would just prolong the inevitable. I'd rather be pink mist.

GTSteve03
December 8, 2008, 06:12 PM
Are we talking fast, rage-induced, 28 Days/Weeks Later zombies? Or the slow, shambling George Romero-style zeds?

If we're talking the fast ones, I'll take my Arsenal SLR-95 + Glock 17 for backup cause I need hard-hitting and lots of firepower fast.

If it's the slow zeds, I'll stick with my Ruger MKIII 22/45 and scoped Marlin 60, as I have time for headshots and I can carry a ton of 22LR.

Yes, I have thought too much about this and I do own copies of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. :evil:

StorkPatrol
December 8, 2008, 06:19 PM
Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide rules! I still need to get WWZ. I would choose an FN 5-7 handgun and carbine if I had a little time to get familiar with them first. If not I'll go AR / CZ SP-01.
--Stork

indoorsoccerfrea
December 8, 2008, 06:33 PM
GTSteve brings up a good point...what sort of zombie are we talkin' here? let's set a standard. I say they would be fast at first, then slow down as the nerve system degrades

blo0dyhatchet
December 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
Rifle-Ak47
Side Arms- 2 1911's with suppressors
Shotgun-Saiga 12ga

burningsquirrels
December 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
you know what.... if we could can the guns... i'd do it so i wouldn't go deaf. unless i got electronic hearing protection.

seeds76
December 8, 2008, 06:41 PM
Since the only thing that will stop Zombies are head shots, then I would have to select the following...

GSG-5 .22LR and Ruger Mark II .22LR :)

1) I figure any other larger caliber is overkill (no pun intended). .22LR gives you low recoil for engaging in multiple targets that have to be placed at the head.

2) ..22LR Gives you larger capacity options in your firearms. When fighting zombies, reloading magazines is something you don't want to spend time doing much of.

3) .22LR is light to carry since you want to be very liberal when stocking up or being mobile with zombies running/walking after you.

4) Cheap enough to buy for hundreds of zombie targets. You can get a brick of .22LR and kill 500 zombies for a low price! You can't say the same for any other caliber.

5) It's quiet enough to keep a low profile. You don't want to alert any additional zombies with noise.

6) If you shoot in close proximity, you don't want a large caliber to make the head explode with infected zombie brain and blood all over you.

I have too much daydreaming time on my hands... hahaha.

burningsquirrels
December 8, 2008, 06:49 PM
^^^ very true. so how about one of those calico pistols with 100 round magazines?

bmxr4life87
December 8, 2008, 06:55 PM
yeah if they are slow moving i would say gsg5 and a g18 converted to .22? if they are fast moving then mini 30/ak/ar10/m14 (anyone of these) and g18 with them big ole 33 rounder mags and maybe a pistol mag loading system like angelina jolie in tomb raider where the mags slide down and point out so you can slap em in and let it rain (lead)

michiganfan
December 8, 2008, 06:55 PM
A phaser and plasma rifle

seeds76
December 8, 2008, 07:15 PM
^^^ very true. so how about one of those calico pistols with 100 round magazines?

ohhh. nice. forgot about calico pistols.

bhhacker
December 8, 2008, 07:29 PM
screw guns. a LIGHTSABER!!!! Whos with me?

jabara572
December 8, 2008, 07:34 PM
screw guns. a LIGHTSABER!!!! Whos with me?

oh hell yes.

Although thats a tad close range, increases the chances of blood spatter.

I think id go for an FN P90 and the FN FIve-Seven pistol. Tons of ammo, zombies are only affected by headshots anyway.

guntotinguy
December 8, 2008, 07:36 PM
AK (extra load mags)
Saiga 12 (extra load mags)
1911's (extra loaded mags)
TV remote and shut off switch

KarenTOC
December 8, 2008, 07:49 PM
screw guns. a LIGHTSABER!!!! Whos with me? "

oh hell yes.
Although thats a tad close range, increases the chances of blood spatter.

Wouldn't a light saber cauterize the wound even as it was inflicting it, thus minimizing unsightly splatter?

burningsquirrels
December 8, 2008, 07:52 PM
well if we're going fantasy with our weapons...

http://www.ianhoar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/sf4.jpg

http://ui29.gamespot.com/668/evilryu_2.gif

:D

Ringtail
December 8, 2008, 07:52 PM
Stop watching so much TV and get out and shoot more!

vzenmn
December 8, 2008, 10:35 PM
Deleted.

flyboy1788
December 8, 2008, 10:36 PM
ar-15 with lots of mags, and my 1911 .45acp with lots of mags and winchester 120 12GA with 18 in. defender barrel and extended mag tube

vzenmn
December 8, 2008, 10:38 PM
Here is a question. Will 22lr reliably penetrate a zombie's skull?

I would settle for no less then one of those Sherman tanks equiped with a flame thrower.

boxingRef_Rick
December 8, 2008, 11:48 PM
When the Zombies ring the doorbell to come in and devour me.

I simply just open the door, and hold up pictures of Hillary, and Rosie,
and I invite them in to eat. They leave gagging, and mumbling
something about celebrities, and politicians tasting terrible!

So I go back to the watching CNN as it shows clips of the carnage.

The newscast is suddenly interrupted by Nancy Pelosi, Barbara
Boxer, and Harry Reid, as they proudly proclaim, that they are willing
to reach out to the leadership of the zombies in an effort to,

"Enable peace, love, and unconditional cooperation!" to the
newest (sic!) group of voting citizens to our great country!"

And suddenly - it occurs to me that the Zombies are attacking,
and eating innocent, "God Fearing!" voters everywhere except
Hollywood, and Washington DC.

And then I realize, since they are not on the menu, they don't
need protection, and of course - what do they care - as long as
they get re-elected.

Side Note: Funny thing is, I can't help but keep wondering - if it is
possible to get a pizza delivered, "I'm hungry!"

rich636
December 8, 2008, 11:55 PM
Two words: Muy Thai ....if it can kill a wild boar it should work on zombies.

RacingJake
December 9, 2008, 12:01 AM
My Zombie repellant

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/Racingjake/007-2.jpg

shotgun12321
December 9, 2008, 08:49 AM
Pistol: SA XD9
Rifle: PSG-1

GrandmasterB
December 9, 2008, 10:56 AM
I'd stick with one caliber and use my S&W M&P 9mm sidearm and my AR-15 9mm carbine Zombie Killin' rifle.

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/bungib/PublicFolder/Guns/zombie_1.jpg

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/bungib/PublicFolder/Guns/zombie_3.jpg

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/bungib/PublicFolder/Guns/zombie_4.jpg

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/bungib/PublicFolder/Guns/zombie_5.jpg

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/bungib/PublicFolder/Guns/zombie_6.jpg

HoosierQ
December 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
Has anyone here mentioned that Zombies don't exist outside of the context of Haitian religion (sometimes referred to as Voodoo)?

Just saying.

indoorsoccerfrea
December 9, 2008, 11:10 AM
zombies don't exist? since when? I ran into some up in fort wayne the other day hoosierQ. don't believe me?
they kept moaning about common sense laws and brains...

jbauch357
December 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
Sidearm - My G35 w/9mm barrel and 33rd factory GLOCK magazines.

Rifle - My converted 7.62x39 Saiga and 75rd drum mags.

Shotgun - My (soon to be) converted Saiga-12 with 20rd drum mags.

jabara572
December 9, 2008, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't a light saber cauterize the wound even as it was inflicting it, thus minimizing unsightly splatter?

LOL i KNEW someone was going to say that as i was typing it....

Floppy_D
December 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
Anything that gets me to Alaska. They aren't warm blooded, they'll freeze up there.

magnumcarry
December 9, 2008, 12:04 PM
I would use my Glock 26, with Glock 17 Hi-Caps and my Hi-Point 995. ... Should I use HP ammo or FMJ ammo??

danweasel
December 9, 2008, 12:45 PM
XD 9mm and a roogah 10-22 with all the trimmings.

zx12rider
December 9, 2008, 12:50 PM
I hate the parts of movies were the good guy runs out of ammo so I would take an FN 5.7 pistol with a ton of mags and a HK UMP .45 with an aimpoint and surefire for the close in the house work. If these zombie's got me outside the house I would opt for an Armalite AR-10 carbine with an Acog and Surefire hanging fom it. Too bad a 3rd gun isn't an option because I would feel a lot safer with a Benelli M2 or M4 to grab.

simple_rule
December 9, 2008, 01:26 PM
due to my mispent youth playing resident evil, the only acceptable weapon for fending off zombies are shotguns. Zombie attacks are always close range! For a sidearm, i may have to ditch my beloved 9mm's for a magnum large caliber with hollow points. You need to blow their heads to pieces, not put holes in it!

im a beast with a machete, definitly would carry one.

a tac light/laser would be handy.

youd need a good old fashion flashlight as well

drvrage
December 9, 2008, 01:43 PM

There would be no splatter as they are already dead, the blood and "juicy bits" have already cauterized. The only splatter would be from physical displacement of the juicy bits not profuse bleeding due to pressurized leaking.

Swords and lightsabers are fine, grenades, explosives and high cal weapons at close proximity are potentially messy.

You could solve this problem with clothing and a face shield/goggles and breathmask/ gas mask etc...

Or just a nice pair of Ray-Bans and keep your mouth closed when you plop a .45 in one's mellon.

Two words: Muy Thai ....if it can kill a wild boar it should work on zombies.

Two words: mall ninja.

Thanks for the midday diversion. Work was getting boring.

ZeBool
December 9, 2008, 01:50 PM
It's the time of the season
When the love runs high
In this time, give it to me easy
And let me try
With pleasured hands

To take you and the sun to
Promised lands
To show you every one
It's the time of the season for loving

What's your name?
(What's your name?)
Who's your daddy?
(Who's your daddy? He rich?)
Is he rich like me?

Has he taken
(Has he taken)
Any time
(Any time to show)
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what?
I really want to know

What's your name?
(What's your name?)
Who's your daddy?
(Who's your daddy? He rich?)
Is he rich like me?

Has he taken
(Has he taken)
Any time
(Any time to show)
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what?
I really want to know

Why would you possibly want to kill this classic????
LOL an XD9 and a Saiga x39

HoosierQ
December 9, 2008, 03:32 PM
Probably the wakiest thread ever. A new low.

Rancho Relaxo
December 9, 2008, 04:01 PM
I always thought Zombies would have a hard time in cold places. It makes sense right? No blood circulating, at night when it gets cold here one could go out in the morning and see the zombies frozen solid in place and deal with them that way.

KBintheSLC
December 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
It depends on the type of zombie... if it is the traditional slow moving, dim witted type that require a bullet to the brain, I would take a .22LR for both my pistol and rifle.

However, if it is a fast moving and fast thinking zombie like on "28 Days Later" it would be my Yugo Underfolder, backed up by my Glock 20. I might even sling the old 870 Express over my shoulder if things get really messy.

KBintheSLC
December 9, 2008, 04:31 PM
So I go back to the watching CNN as it shows clips of the carnage.

The newscast is suddenly interrupted by Nancy Pelosi, Barbara
Boxer, and Harry Reid, as they proudly proclaim, that they are willing
to reach out to the leadership of the zombies in an effort to,

"Enable peace, love, and unconditional cooperation!" to the
newest (sic!) group of voting citizens to our great country!"

And suddenly - it occurs to me that the Zombies are attacking,
and eating innocent, "God Fearing!" voters everywhere except
Hollywood, and Washington DC.

That made me LOL more than I have in quite some time. Well put.

SuperNaut
December 9, 2008, 04:37 PM
One of these things, made out of Kevlar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/entertainment/galleries/media/pa_wayne_coyne_crowdsurf420.jpg

CPLofMARINES
December 9, 2008, 06:49 PM
Glock 20 and an AK.

Semper Fi!!

conhntr
December 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
http://image.ec21.com/image/xinglun168/oimg_GC01673663_CA01919780/Fire-proof_and_Heat_Insulation_Suit.jpg

http://www.bonkhardchill.com/bhc06/graphics/misc/flare_gun.jpg

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1237/2/istockphoto_1237-gas-can-metal.jpg

:) same as my HD setup; pretty much good for everything

conhntr
December 9, 2008, 07:19 PM
if i had to use guns i would take a g22 and my 870 with 9+1 mag. you want something you can top off without removing the mag, i can keep a pretty high sustained rate of fire out of the 870.

jabara572
December 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
hahahahaha

but seriously if they are zombies from 28 days later there can be significant splatter with swords. Whether or not Lightsabers cauterize wounds is up for debate, although I think they would instantly seal whatever wound you made.

Luke's hand wasnt shooting out blood when it got chopped off by Vader so i think its safe to say its a good zombie weapon

mgregg85
December 9, 2008, 07:56 PM
Handgun? Ruger charger with a bunch of 30 round mags and a red dot sight.

Rifle? 10/22 with the same mags.

I chose .22 LR because it is lightweight and common and everyone else will probably be using all the other calibers. I'm betting that bricks of .22 lr would be left forgotten on the shelves when people raid the local gander mountain for zombie killing supplies.

If I couldn't use the .22 or if it wouldn't kill the zombies i'd take my sub-2000 and some 33 round mags.

conhntr
December 9, 2008, 08:13 PM
>>everyone else will probably be using all the other calibers

roflmao

Floppy_D
December 9, 2008, 09:21 PM
I always thought Zombies would have a hard time in cold places. It makes sense right? No blood circulating, at night when it gets cold here one could go out in the morning and see the zombies frozen solid in place and deal with them that way.

Right, what I said. :D

A couple chisels and a cup of coffee on a frigid Northern morning, and you can cope with the plague at leisure.

Ichiro
December 9, 2008, 09:55 PM
Drill Instructor has it right ~ 22LR.

Ruger 22/45 on the hip. Ruger 10/22 in my hands. Extra loaded magazines are in a big-ass fanny pack on the front of my waist. Extra ammo is in a big-ass fanny pack on the rear of my waist.

If the zombies get too close, run a half-block away and commence firing. Head shots only.

zen pistol
December 9, 2008, 10:05 PM
I'll probably use two weapons: not necessarily in order.

1. the AA-12- world's deadliest shotgun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

or;

2. milla jovovich. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ADeiwb_u8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViVBcHeRbg8&feature=related

But if I can only have one, I'm leaning towards milla jovovich however.:D

Boba Fett
December 9, 2008, 11:08 PM
Has no one seen Shawn of the Dead?? Don't you know all you need is a cricket bat and some classic LPs (i.e. records...you know...the round black thingys with music on them...anyone)??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfDUv3ZjH2k

ConstantineJ9
December 9, 2008, 11:13 PM
Cz 52

Saiga 12

kairal
December 9, 2008, 11:14 PM
Pistol would be an HK MP5K-PDW.....since it does actually carry the designation of machine pistol.......:neener:

Rifle would be an IMI Tavor. What can I say, I love the full lenght capabilities in the carbine sizes that the bullpups provide....and I just think they look super cool!!!

Johnny Guest
December 9, 2008, 11:20 PM
Hey, guys - -

We don't do fantasy fights here - - Not on Handguns: Autoloaders nor elsewhere on THR. No Zombies, vampires, werewolves, werechipmunks, or any of that similar stuff.

Please take note: Bad things to happen on next one of these threads to start. You get a kings-X on this one 'cause I wasn't paying attention. Try it again next year, a day or two before Hallowe'en. :rolleyes:

CLOSED.

AJohnny

If you enjoyed reading about "Zombie invasion/attack" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!