RIA (Armscor) Tactical

December 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
Need info on where the best place to find and order the RIA Tactical 1911.
Any input sure would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "RIA (Armscor) Tactical" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
December 8, 2008, 11:41 AM
I ordered one from Bellshire on Gunbroker last week. I hope to have it by Friday. Mine is satin nickel and he had three more listed when I placed the order. David

December 8, 2008, 11:57 AM
So, DWhitehorne waht was the price + S&H & Transfer?

FYI - I saw one in Lewiston ID, for $489.50 & another
shop about 2 blocks east had the same for $100 more but it
may have been a 'Match" model.
since that same shop had a RIA Compact at $369.

December 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
Bellshire has the parkerized tactical for $440 and the 2 tone for $465.
Says that actual shipping costs will be charged, so probably $20ish bucks... Then your FFL fee I pay $20.
Close to $600 sounds about right on the match... I picked my RIA Match up for $499, because the seller saw a cheap rock someone had tossed some options on. :D

December 8, 2008, 04:34 PM
CenterFire sells the RIA 5" Tactical everyday for $399.99

December 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up on CenterFire Sysytems.
Now I am interested in the 1911 match RIA.

December 8, 2008, 06:00 PM
not to hijack the thread, but what other relatively inexpensive 1911 models are there?

December 8, 2008, 06:12 PM
i like this model and if i was to get one that is the model that i would get. i don't know where on line to gte them, my locak shop has em, as well as i see them alot at the gun shows.

December 9, 2008, 01:03 PM
I paid the 475 shipped price to Bellshire hardware by money order and 20 dollars transfer fee to my FFL Virginia Arms. Mine is a nickel coated tactical. I think the nickel version is about 30 to 40 dollars more than the park version. I will try to post some pictures of it in a few days.

indoorsoccer: I had a Charles Daly EFS which is very similar to the RIA tactical. Got rid of it like an idiot when I bought a Kimber. Charles Daly doesn't make these anymore but some are around.

I was looking at a Taurus 1911 since they have a 75 dollar rebate going on now. Buds gunshop had the base PT1911 for $519. The Taurus frame is forged and the RIA is cast which doesn't matter to me. RIA seems to have a better customer comments on line about customer service than Taurus. The Taurus has some kind of lock in the hammer and Colt 80 series type safety which I did not care for.

I Decided on the RIA because I wanted the nickel finish. I did not like the base Taurus finish. The nickel tactical has a GI guide rod. The tactical does not have front serrations (which I hate) and there is no type of ILS or Swartz safeties to wonder about. David

December 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
I looked long and hard at the Taurus, and bought the RIA tactical. And even though it had some teething problems when new I still recommend this gun. Very accurate, good sights, super trigger. Best bang for... and all that.

December 10, 2008, 08:46 AM
Here is the nickel tactical that Bellshire currently has. I ordered it last Tuesday and picked it up last night. I changed the grips and will be shooting it tomorrow. :D David

December 10, 2008, 05:44 PM
DWhitehorn, that is one fine looking 1911, I am trying to find out if they make the Match in the nickel finish.

December 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
I've been thinking hard about a RIA Tactical. The local Cabelas has one for $440 (although its labeled High Standard, its made in the same factory and identical features, just different name).

The only thing I dont like about it are the sights and ambi safety. I like that it already has Novaks, but I wish that they were white dots instead of plain black. I'd hate to spend money on a new gun and immediately have to replace the sights and swap in a normal left-side extended thumb safety.

If you enjoyed reading about "RIA (Armscor) Tactical" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!