RIA (Armscor) Tactical

PDA

floydster
December 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
Need info on where the best place to find and order the RIA Tactical 1911.
Any input sure would be appreciated.
Floydster:)

If you enjoyed reading about "RIA (Armscor) Tactical" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DWhitehorne
December 8, 2008, 11:41 AM
I ordered one from Bellshire on Gunbroker last week. I hope to have it by Friday. Mine is satin nickel and he had three more listed when I placed the order. David

BlindJustice
December 8, 2008, 11:57 AM
So, DWhitehorne waht was the price + S&H & Transfer?

FYI - I saw one in Lewiston ID, for $489.50 & another
shop about 2 blocks east had the same for $100 more but it
may have been a 'Match" model.
since that same shop had a RIA Compact at $369.

Randall

FoMoGo
December 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
Bellshire has the parkerized tactical for $440 and the 2 tone for $465.
Says that actual shipping costs will be charged, so probably $20ish bucks... Then your FFL fee I pay $20.
Close to $600 sounds about right on the match... I picked my RIA Match up for $499, because the seller saw a cheap rock someone had tossed some options on. :D

Jim

cjw3cma
December 8, 2008, 04:34 PM
CenterFire sells the RIA 5" Tactical everyday for $399.99

floydster
December 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
:)cjw3cma,
Thanks for the heads up on CenterFire Sysytems.
Now I am interested in the 1911 match RIA.

indoorsoccerfrea
December 8, 2008, 06:00 PM
not to hijack the thread, but what other relatively inexpensive 1911 models are there?

possum
December 8, 2008, 06:12 PM
i like this model and if i was to get one that is the model that i would get. i don't know where on line to gte them, my locak shop has em, as well as i see them alot at the gun shows.

DWhitehorne
December 9, 2008, 01:03 PM
I paid the 475 shipped price to Bellshire hardware by money order and 20 dollars transfer fee to my FFL Virginia Arms. Mine is a nickel coated tactical. I think the nickel version is about 30 to 40 dollars more than the park version. I will try to post some pictures of it in a few days.

indoorsoccer: I had a Charles Daly EFS which is very similar to the RIA tactical. Got rid of it like an idiot when I bought a Kimber. Charles Daly doesn't make these anymore but some are around.

I was looking at a Taurus 1911 since they have a 75 dollar rebate going on now. Buds gunshop had the base PT1911 for $519. The Taurus frame is forged and the RIA is cast which doesn't matter to me. RIA seems to have a better customer comments on line about customer service than Taurus. The Taurus has some kind of lock in the hammer and Colt 80 series type safety which I did not care for.

I Decided on the RIA because I wanted the nickel finish. I did not like the base Taurus finish. The nickel tactical has a GI guide rod. The tactical does not have front serrations (which I hate) and there is no type of ILS or Swartz safeties to wonder about. David

Furncliff
December 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
I looked long and hard at the Taurus, and bought the RIA tactical. And even though it had some teething problems when new I still recommend this gun. Very accurate, good sights, super trigger. Best bang for... and all that.

DWhitehorne
December 10, 2008, 08:46 AM
Here is the nickel tactical that Bellshire currently has. I ordered it last Tuesday and picked it up last night. I changed the grips and will be shooting it tomorrow. :D David

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/dwhitehorne/guns/RIA001.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/dwhitehorne/guns/RIA002.jpg

floydster
December 10, 2008, 05:44 PM
DWhitehorn, that is one fine looking 1911, I am trying to find out if they make the Match in the nickel finish.
Floydster

Frog48
December 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
I've been thinking hard about a RIA Tactical. The local Cabelas has one for $440 (although its labeled High Standard, its made in the same factory and identical features, just different name).

The only thing I dont like about it are the sights and ambi safety. I like that it already has Novaks, but I wish that they were white dots instead of plain black. I'd hate to spend money on a new gun and immediately have to replace the sights and swap in a normal left-side extended thumb safety.

If you enjoyed reading about "RIA (Armscor) Tactical" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!