I canceled my XD45c order that was backordered 2 months and got this instead...

PDA

Agent-J
December 8, 2008, 01:12 PM
http://shilohshooting.net/Images/Firearms/Sig_229_Elite.jpg

$879+tax OTD. Now I just have to wait 3-5 weeks before I can pick it up :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "I canceled my XD45c order that was backordered 2 months and got this instead..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SigSire
December 8, 2008, 01:22 PM
I have the same coming tomorrow--a Sig P229 Elite, however in stainless.

Congrats. The wait will be painful. ;)

Agent-J
December 8, 2008, 01:24 PM
It was more than I wanted to spend, but its the first pistol I've owned (big on renting/borrowing) and it just felt so good in the hand.

Jason M
December 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
...and it just felt so good in the hand.

That was the exact reason I decided to buy my .40S&W SIG P226. They are superb shooters and worth the wait. The XD is a great platform, too (I have an XD45), but something about the SIG just wet my whistle. :D

SigSire
December 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
I too was going to go with a cheaper gun (M&P), but after shooting the P226, P229, P225, and M&P, I was sold. I ended up getting my P229 used (less than a 1 year old and less than 300 rds) at a substantial discount.

JaxNovice
December 8, 2008, 04:08 PM
That is a really sweet gun. Nice job!

Eightball
December 8, 2008, 07:27 PM
Oooooh, nice.......remember to post pics when you do get your new toy!

wyocarp
December 8, 2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah, post pictures, some us are mainly here for the pictures.

Agent-J
December 8, 2008, 08:21 PM
I will be sure to post some pics as soon as I get it.

GZOh
December 8, 2008, 08:22 PM
Great move, beautiful gun!!!...
Have a P229 and it's been a VERY reliable, super-accurate, durable shoot... great looks, great feel and great shoot... you're gonna love yours.
After my CZ P-01 (my favorite) it's one of my best pistolas!

lamazza
December 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
that is beautiful.

wnycollector
December 8, 2008, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the SIG. I own three...they are an addiction;)

chihuahuatn
December 8, 2008, 08:28 PM
Well Done!!!

simple_rule
December 8, 2008, 09:58 PM
i own a 226. they are nice! i prefer my G17 however.

Marcus L.
December 8, 2008, 10:05 PM
Good choice, one of my personal favorites. I am issued an older P229 from 1996, but I also own another more recent model for personal use.

MarcusWendt
December 9, 2008, 08:36 PM
Very nice. You won't be sorry.

nwilliams
December 9, 2008, 09:02 PM
I love my 229 and I think you will love yours as well, congrats! I have an older one however, yours will be prettier than mine;)

SigP229R
December 9, 2008, 09:21 PM
I have one in .40 and it is very accurate andit is my daily carry weapon going to attempt to show a pic.

CZF
December 9, 2008, 09:31 PM
I see that the Delko guy on CSI Miami is carrying one of the
new SIGs like that.

They are great qualilty guns, just have weird controls for someone
who hasn't shot a SIG in 15 years.

I'll just wait for my P-07 Duty:)

benzuncle
December 9, 2008, 09:31 PM
Agent-J, what a beautiful firearm. We're talking heavy on the drool factor. :what: In case you do not have any other Sigs, you will quickly surmise that it was well worth the $$$. And just wait 'till you shoot it. :D Congrats!!

Agent-J
December 9, 2008, 09:35 PM
this is actually my first pistol. the 239 in 9mm looks pretty nice too though ;)

like i said, it felt really good in the hand and the fit and finish appeared to be top notch.

R12GS
December 9, 2008, 09:40 PM
Excellent choice in pistol. It will serve you faithfully for many years.

Agent-J
December 10, 2008, 12:19 AM
<<Excellent choice in pistol. It will serve you faithfully for many years.>>

or atleast until I'm required to surrender it an Obama approved collection center.

franconialocal
December 10, 2008, 01:15 AM
I think you made an excellent choice. My buddy just RETURNED his newly purchased 9mm. XD...the thing was WAY too top heavy. Very Glock(ish) but much "taller" and the balance was all off. I really like the choice you made.....this is my next one....

88992 CLICK ON ME FOR LARGER PICTURE!!! (I guess I should add a disclaimer so I don't get my butt sued. This is a stock SIG photo that I shamelessly stripped from the SIG web site. ENJOY!!)

THE NEW SIG TTT

I'm saving my nickles boys and girls and I can't wait.....probably springtime.

joker4096
December 10, 2008, 01:17 AM
good choice in weapon, i was going to get one, but i decided on a H&K P2000sk for ccw

Aka Zero
December 10, 2008, 06:58 AM
Nice eye candy...... makes me want a sig....
Something about the pofile. And those grips.

But... I would buy more CZ's, Every time I use my 75b-sa it just makes me happy.

But I might have to get a sig someday. Since I am not brand specific.....

2 CZ: 75b-SA, 82 (C&R)
1 Ruger: MarkIII 5.5" Bull
1 Walther: P-22
1 Century: wasr 10/63
1 Saiga: 236
1 Marlin: 30-30 (336?)
1 Winchester: 22 (forget the model)
1 Mossberg: 12g bolt action C-Lect

VetteVert
December 10, 2008, 08:39 AM
Looks great, but why the wait? :confused:

GregGry
December 10, 2008, 09:24 AM
I am sure you will be happy with it. I can tell you when I had to wait to get my hands on the AR15 that I bought 2 years ago (It was the first firearm I ever bought) the 1.5 week wait was killing me. It got so bad I went out and picked up a 12ga supernova so I could have my hands on something to take to the range :D.

CPshooter
December 10, 2008, 09:36 AM
Hate to be the negative nancy here, but you should have stuck with the XD45c!!!

I think Sig makes great guns, but I'm not a fan of the SA/DA with no manual safety when it comes down to practical applications like concealed carrying. Personally, I like guns with NO manual safety, but only if they have nice, consistent trigger pulls like on a Glock or XD. I don't like how Sigs can only be carried with a crappy DA first shot. That first shot can mean the difference between life and death in a real gun fight. You don't want it to be a 12lb double action pull if you can help it!

XD is one solid, good shooting pistol with all the right safety features, and it still allows for a consistent and pretty decent trigger pull from the first shot to the last. In my opinion, the .45 compact happens to be their best offering in the XD line. Can't argue with 13+1 shots w/ the longer magazine either...

I'd stay with the XD and spend the extra $350 on night sights, extra mags, a holster, and ammo:)Good luck!

hankdatank1362
December 10, 2008, 09:56 AM
I don't like how Sigs can only be carried with a crappy DA first shot. That first shot can mean the difference between life and death in a real gun fight. You don't want it to be a 12lb double action pull if you can help it!

I like it. A little heavier trigger is added protection from something snagging on the trigger when holstering and causing an AD in your thigh. Also, I like the fact that they have exposed hammers that I make a point of keeping my thumb pressed down on when reholstering.

Now, in a SD scenario, either the BG wil be far enough away (several yards) where you have time to thumb back the hammer on the draw (easy if practiced, an extra 1/10th of a second)...or, if he's within bad breath range (3 yards or in), that heavier DA first shot isn't going to make a world of difference.

wtfd661
December 10, 2008, 03:01 PM
I carry a Sig P220 that has that crappy DA first shot as my duty weapon and let me tell you I will place that 1st crappy DA shot in the same area as the last SA shot. Go ahead and ask me how .......... PRACTICE.
Congrats on a VERY nice gun purchase, you will enjoy it. Good luck and happy shooting.

Agent-J
December 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
Looks great, but why the wait?

good old NY state coupon system. Judge has to sign off on my purchase before they will let me register it and the delicate genius takes his sweet ass time.

VetteVert
December 10, 2008, 08:23 PM
Ahhh. Sounds California'ish, but at least you *can* still buy. :cool:

It is walk-in walk-out here in NC w/a CCW permit...

VV

Bingo 7
December 10, 2008, 08:57 PM
My first centerfire handgun was a Sig P226 .40SW. It is a great gun. I recently decided I wanted something smaller and I purchased a XD-9 Sub-Compact. I was really trying to get it in a .40 but it is pretty much impossible to get one, atleast at a reasonable price. So Monday I walked out of the GS with a brand spanken new xdsc. I think I love everything about it. Now I feel like I have the best of both worlds.

If you enjoyed reading about "I canceled my XD45c order that was backordered 2 months and got this instead..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!