This just in!!!!! IL Gov. arrested!!!

PDA

Dodgeit
December 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is in federal custody on corruption charges.

It's about damn time, maybe they'll get Daley next.

Mods if this is inapproriate I apoligize. But he is an anti and a puppet of Daley. So I thought some good news on the front might be OK.

If you enjoyed reading about "This just in!!!!! IL Gov. arrested!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
foghornl
December 9, 2008, 09:45 AM
There is always hope that the next one to take a federally-sponsored dive will be Emperor For Life "DICK" Daley II.

TexasRifleman
December 9, 2008, 09:47 AM
Interesting that he's in trouble over the possibility of a "tainted" Obama replacement.

Funny how this was held until after the election. Guess not surprising.

But, not really gun related other than he's a clear enemy of the Second.

Randyc74
December 9, 2008, 09:51 AM
The Govenor was taken into custody at his Chicago home.
It should be interesting to watch this one play out. Maybe former Govenor George Ryan will intervene. Opp's, I forget he's in prison too.

ilbob
December 9, 2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhNSr7shNk

Gunfighter123
December 9, 2008, 10:00 AM
YAHOOOOO !!!!!!!! That is almost as good news as AK prices coming down.

As was said --- FUNNY how this arrest came AFTER Osama/Obama got elected ??

The Govenor's Birthday is TOMORROW ------ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba613
December 9, 2008, 10:12 AM
Great news, I guess.
But until someone nukes Chicago or declares it a separate state not much will change in Illinois. Maybe it's the water there.

damien
December 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
I'm sure this will get locked quickly, but he deserves it for his crimes. In addition, he was just about the most anti-gun governor in the state.

ilbob
December 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
FUNNY how this arrest came AFTER Osama/Obama got elected ??
Apparently one allegation is he tried to sell Obama's senate seat.

One can only hope that before Obama gets in office and fires the US attorney, that they can indict Daley, Emil Jones, and a few dozen of their cronies.

It seems unlikely they will have time in the next 40 days to get to Obama.

The_Shootist
December 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
This put a BIG smile on my face. Once the Federales start down the road, no matter how long or winding, they usually find a few bodies buried by the side of it.

So Merry Christmas Daley - might as well try to get your picks in on a classey cell at Club Fed BEFORE Hussein starts looking. Or maybe Blagojevich/Obama/Daley can room together.

You know - in the spirit of Government thrift in these hard times :D

Evil Monkey
December 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
Good, good. I like it when these low lifes get what they deserve.

ServiceSoon
December 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
The governor has a lot of power to sign pro-RKBA laws. Who will be governor now and for how long until reelection?

The senator seat is only open until January 2009. I don't think they will apoint anybody for 1 week of actual work (holiday season is just around the corner).

sherman123
December 9, 2008, 11:27 AM
i hope whoever they get to replace him is pro rkba but thats like hell freezing over when you talk about illinois

RDak
December 9, 2008, 11:33 AM
And a POS like him has kept millions of law abiding citizens in Illinois from owning handguns.

And what would we do if people like him ruled us while we had no right to own a firearm? I'll tell you, tyranny.

Classic example of the tyrant mindset IMHO. Man, I hate people like him. :mad:

Treo
December 9, 2008, 11:33 AM
In addition, he was just about the most anti-gun governor in the state

But wasn't he also ,by definition, the least anti- gun governor in the state as well?

pbearperry
December 9, 2008, 11:44 AM
Too bad Daley wasn't included.

Texpatriate
December 9, 2008, 12:01 PM
Only problem is those geniuses up in Chicago will just elect yet another anti-gun corrupt Governor to replace him. Makes me glad I live on the left side of the Mississippi. Everytime I go across that river and see all of that beautiful country over there and all those friendly folks in rural IL, my heart just sinks for them. They are basically dominated politically by the tyranny of Chicago. There's not enough of them to outvote Chicago. Every governor they will ever have will be a part of the corrupt anti-gun democrat Chicago political machine.

Solo
December 9, 2008, 12:14 PM
As was said --- FUNNY how this arrest came AFTER Osama/Obama got elected ??

Why are we still engaging in this kind of behavior?

leadcounsel
December 9, 2008, 12:20 PM
Well, the Pres can pardon ANYBODY... so maybe Obama will pardon him...

To keep this gun related, this is a great opportunity for Illinois to become pro-gun.

monkyboy1975
December 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
Isn't it funny that these anti bungholes get arrested? It makes you wonder what is behind their agenda, why are they trying to disarm us?

Jeff White
December 9, 2008, 12:23 PM
As happy as this makes me...duty calls..it is off topic..

If you enjoyed reading about "This just in!!!!! IL Gov. arrested!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!