wood stock for remington 700.

PDA

chriso
December 9, 2008, 08:11 PM
Im wanting to get a nice wood stock at a good price... I want to put my remington 700 sps varmint in it. Im going to get a heavier barrel eventually but im looking for a good wood stock im not really into all the super laminated fancy color stuff I just want a plane wood stock that would except a heavy barreled rifle I would love to get a stock that looks like the original m40 stock any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "wood stock for remington 700." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
97guns
December 9, 2008, 08:26 PM
these guys make some really sweet stocks and their pricing isnt too bad either

http://rifle-stocks.com/

dakotasin
December 9, 2008, 08:28 PM
go to 24 hour campfire and post a wtb ad in the classifieds. those guys build a lot of custom sticks (most are remington 700 based) and most of the time the factory stocks are put up for sale or given away. i've picked up a half dozen or so remington wood stocks from over there.

when you get the fat barrel, get a deep well socket and some 60 grit sandpaper and open up the barrel channel to accept the heavier profile barrel.

jmr40
December 9, 2008, 08:40 PM
Consider www.boydsgunstocks.com They sell mostly laminated stocks, but many are classy looking and not the wild colors you do not want

chriso
December 9, 2008, 08:40 PM
I have already got a heavy barrel on it but im wanting to go heavier in the future when I burn this one out... any stock makes that make a copy of the m40 stock???

chriso
December 9, 2008, 09:18 PM
Anymore suggestions?

chriso
December 9, 2008, 10:48 PM
The boyds stocks are cool but im looking for one with a heavy barrel channel I remember a forum I saw way back about a stock maker that does a wood copy of the original m40 not the m40a1... Cant seem to find it though...

moooose102
December 10, 2008, 11:15 AM
watch ebay. there is usually a couple of take offs on there most of the time. just put it in your saved searches, and they will e-mail you everytime one is listed. they are USUALLY quite reasonable.

chriso
December 10, 2008, 07:13 PM
So pretty much nothing haha... You would think someone made some type of replica of the m40 stock or a wood replica of the m40a1 stock atleast.

If you enjoyed reading about "wood stock for remington 700." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!