Are all SW 642's 'Lady Smiths'

PDA

ghh3rd
December 10, 2008, 08:27 AM
I was on the internet showing my wife some of the handguns I thought she may want to consider. We noticed a picture of a SW 642 that said 'Lady Smith' on it. She "liked that feature". Do all of the 642's have 'Lady Smith' scribed on them?

Thanks - Randy

If you enjoyed reading about "Are all SW 642's 'Lady Smiths'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pilot
December 10, 2008, 08:36 AM
No. My wife, ironically bought a non Lady Smith 642 with the factory CT grips.

The Lone Haranguer
December 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
Do all of the 642's have 'Lady Smith' scribed on them?

I've seen them both with and without the inscription.

NG VI
December 10, 2008, 03:19 PM
'Lady Smith' is just the name Smith gives different setups of ordinary revolvers, often they sport nicer finishes and grips, but for the most part they are all the same as standard models. I actually think the 'Lady Smith' models tend to catch my eye more just because they often have really good looking grips.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
December 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
I've seen one that says "Airweight" on it.

XD9WBT
December 10, 2008, 04:08 PM
Smith does or did make a little auto with the words lady smith on it so technically no.

HoosierQ
December 10, 2008, 05:01 PM
Nope.

machinisttx
December 11, 2008, 02:51 AM
The ladysmith designation means the gun comes with grips that are anatomically designed for women's hands. Other than that, there is zero difference between the "ladysmith" model and a regular model.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are all SW 642's 'Lady Smiths'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!