Taurus PT-22 Safety Problem...

PDA

Brandonsthaman
December 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
I have recently acquired a Taurus PT-22. I got a really good deal on it because the safety was missing. I purchased the safety, safety plunger, and safety plunger spring from e-gunparts for a little over $20. I installed the new parts last night and the safety works...sometimes.

The safety will function if the muzzle is pointed up or level, but if you point the muzzle down the safety will not lock up. You can hear the piece that the safety locks up with clicking when you move the gun... My question is am I missing a spring or something that hold this thing in? I'm not sure what this part is called, but it the piece that prevents the hammer from moving. It moves out of place when the magazine is removed... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT-22 Safety Problem..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
makarovnik
December 10, 2008, 11:17 AM
Check out the schematic online at e-gunparts.com. See if they show a part that you don't have. Good luck!

Brandonsthaman
December 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
I guy I work with was looking at the gun and figured out the problem. I had the sear spring on the wrong side of the sear and it allowed it to flop forward... I'm just posting this incase anyone else has this problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT-22 Safety Problem..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!