Kimber custom II-$700 new, good price?

PDA

MrIzhevsk
December 10, 2008, 06:10 PM
My friend is looking at a Kimber custom II at our local gun shop and they have one brand new for 700. This sounds like a steal to me, but I can't say I know much about pricing. Is this a good deal?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber custom II-$700 new, good price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Boba Fett
December 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
NIB on gunbroker.com, they have some for less:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118177207

But keep in mind, shipping + FFL.

If you have a gun show coming up in your area, you'll likely find it cheaper. $700 seems like the pretty standard asking price on gunbroker for a new base model Custom II.

possum
December 10, 2008, 07:19 PM
i would see if i could get it down to $650 + tax or $675 OTD. i would go for one of those.

mljdeckard
December 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
I would scratch around a little, I've seen them $650-$670-ish lately. (I pay attention, because I bought one in 2005 for $230, NIB.)

presspuller
December 10, 2008, 09:39 PM
I got the same thing in stainless a little over a year ago for $715 I think it was. So going by that your not off base by much if any.
It all depends on where you live, I live in some kind of gun shop void where there are not many shops and no deals to be had.
I would check gunbroker and if you can find it on there and add about 40 bucks to it and still be the same price then I would jump on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber custom II-$700 new, good price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!