I got one!!!

PDA

ConstantineJ9
December 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
The NEW Hi Point 45acp pistols in OD GREEN, traded my AMT Backup 380 for it.... http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/Constantine-photo/hipoint45odgreen.jpg

$190 was the price listed

Don't have a camera right now so I had to scan it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I got one!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ConstantineJ9
December 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it :fire:

ecureed
December 10, 2008, 08:14 PM
:oI feel like I've just been introduced to a co-worker's newborn...."Uh, she's uh....beautiful, yeah that's it....cute as a button!":uhoh:

E5
December 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
Congrats. Let us know how it shoots.

ConstantineJ9
December 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks E5, I will.

earlthegoat2
December 10, 2008, 08:42 PM
I know of a guy that bought one used and ran 100 rounds of 45 Super through it right away without a hiccup.

These things are built like tanks and they are as heavy as tanks too.

gotboostvr
December 10, 2008, 08:43 PM
I am puzzled.

Don't get me wrong, I like and appreciate Hi-points...

I just can't figure if that looks good or not (it definitely doesn't look worse!).

Either way, I like it.

XDShooter07
December 10, 2008, 09:07 PM
I think they're extremely ugly and top heavy. But I will say in their defense my buddy had one in .380 ACP that he picked up at a pawn for $50. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 30 years but it rocked through about 400 rounds the first day out between the two of us and didn't have one issue except for being slightly off on aim. That was without cleaning it first by the way.

The Lone Haranguer
December 10, 2008, 09:26 PM
If it works, it's a good gun. I paid almost five times that for a "pretty" handgun that choked on the second round ever fired through it and broke several parts, so I won't make any disparaging remarks ... :uhoh:

ConstantineJ9
December 10, 2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Glad you guys are here to support my desicion.

modifiedbrowning
December 10, 2008, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the new pistol. My neighbor has a 9mm that works fine.
Not the prettiest pistol out there but if it works that is all that matters.

Mooseman
December 10, 2008, 09:53 PM
Cool! I have a regular black 45 and I've always liked the way it shoots. Makes a good truck or bedside gun although I will admit to carrying it on occasion as well.

ConstantineJ9
December 10, 2008, 10:31 PM
Cool, would you say it has more recoil than my 40 caliber Hi Point semi? I haven't shot the 45acp Hi Point yet, wondering since the two pistols are so close in weight if there would be much difference? Ive shot both calibers before, but in completely different platforms, Glock 22, Kimber Custom II.

franconialocal
December 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
IMO Highpoint = Junk

XDShooter07
December 10, 2008, 10:55 PM
IMO The above post = pointless.

I think you'll like the .45 ACP better than the .40 cal. It hasn't really mattered what gun I've shot, the .40 vs the .45 always gives me the same result in feel. .40 = snappy; .45 = smooth and heavy. That .40 is loaded to a much higher pressure to make it's lighter bullet impact at a similar energy so it will have more of a snap.

Snarlingiron
December 10, 2008, 11:23 PM
I think it's the ugliest damned thing I ever saw. But hey, I'm a Glock guy, so what do I know about pertty?

I'll take bang every time over pertty.

WardenWolf
December 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
It's ugly, but if it works well, that's great. Let's face it: survival and winning aren't always pretty.

Blind Bat
December 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
Is it a blowback operated .45???!!!???

ConstantineJ9
December 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
Yes, of coarce. Same as my C9 9mm and Jcp 40.

JCP 40=over 200 rounds still no fail to feeds or ejects

C9 9mm= over 500 rounds and only two fail to feeds(right after I bought it new)no fail to ejects.

Also, they are not traditional fail to feeds, it is just basically the slide not returning with enough force(needed a light push).

Works flawlessly nowdays(both).

And I am guessing the smooth 45acp ball ammo will work better feeding than the sometimes flatnose 40 caliber rounds.

sammy
December 11, 2008, 12:06 AM
If it functions and shoots well it is worth every cent (in trade). Congrats, I think it is a great pistol for the money. Scaning a highpoint is just classic.

Borch
December 11, 2008, 12:10 AM
If it's comfortable and shoots well for you, great, glad you're happy with your gun. Personally, I could not get over the weight and the balance on the Hi Point line when I shot one. But that's why there's so many types of guns, because not everyone likes the same things. Have fun with it.

meef
December 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it :fire:

:scrutiny:

Geez......

19 minutes after you posted you're miffed because people aren't falling all over themselves to make comments on your posting? Not that you even asked for any.

You have a serious impatience issue.

:cool:

denfoote
December 11, 2008, 12:50 AM
thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate it

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! My eyes!!!

Eightball
December 11, 2008, 01:47 AM
Those come in green now?

Aka Zero
December 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
I have to admit, I am not a fan of the looks. ( I like CZ/ BHP style guns)

But the green gives it that little something. Enough I kinda want one. ( I like odd guns)

btw, nice scan, surprised that worked.

ConstantineJ9
December 11, 2008, 11:43 AM
They have always served me well and I kinda like the weight, makes it fell(literally)like your aiming a hand cannon at somethin. And, a big gun for a fairly big bullet 45acp:neener: Also, thay may not be target pistols but ive seen less jams out of my Hi Points than some $600 dollar Beretta's(FACT)!!!

Luis Leon
December 11, 2008, 06:21 PM
Like Forrest Gump said "handsome is, as handsome does"... enjoy your new gun and post some range reports when you get a chance.

best regards,

Luis Leon

ConstantineJ9
December 11, 2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks Luis, I will enjoy it, I can already tell. Ill give a report but I still have to get a camera.

MDMadrid
December 11, 2008, 06:36 PM
Scaning a highpoint is just classic.

I was going to say that!!

Nice gun...hope it does well for you! You should be proud of it...get yourself a fine cigar, shoot about 500 rounds through the gun and then smoke the cigar in celebration! Maybe even pass around some to your shootin' buddies. (even fathers with ugly babies still hand out cigars!:neener:)

olivedrab
December 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
i don't have much to say about hi points, but they are made in america and i've heard their customer service is good

ConstantineJ9
December 11, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yes

American Made and Unbeatable customer service=AWSOME

If you enjoyed reading about "I got one!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!