Good CCW Gun Belts?

PDA

trackaddict88
December 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
Posted this in the: Handguns: General Discussion > Handgun Holsters and Other Accessories sub-forum but things are slow over there.

Can anyone give me a list? I have a new MTAC holster on the way and am thinking I should call and add a belt to the order, but theirs seem expensive. Never had a real gun belt. :confused:

Anybody?

If you enjoyed reading about "Good CCW Gun Belts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
esq_stu
December 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
I have not seen good cheap gun belts.

I have two Kramer double thick horsehide belts. Expensive but IMO very worth it.

http://www.kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=2

The Lone Haranguer
December 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
Two belt makers I endorse are Jim Speidel, the Beltman (http://thebeltman.net) (leather) and Wilderness Products (fabric "Instructor" belt).

JoeShmoe
December 10, 2008, 10:06 PM
I have two Gunner's Alley leather belts, which I like very much. Double layer bullhide for $70.00. They look good, are sturdy, and are holding up very well. They should last forever, or until my waist gets bigger. A good sturdy gun belt is essential, even for pocket carry.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/category/accessories.belts.trouserbelts/

modifiedbrowning
December 10, 2008, 10:13 PM
I really like my belt from www.raftersgunleather.com

trackaddict88
December 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for these so far. Checking them out now.

Should I look at the precurved, or with a plastic stiffener insert, neither, both? I'm just hoping for opinions on a variety.

Snarlingiron
December 10, 2008, 10:29 PM
http://store.thewilderness.com/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=1186&osCsid=s5c54v9uqlou4qac5p3f86hpd3

This is my favorite. I wear this thing all the time. If I am not at work this is what I am wearing. I carry daily. When at work I pocket carry.

Bozo
December 10, 2008, 10:35 PM
I have a galco plain black belt, 1 1.2" width, doesnt look like a gun belt but very heavy and able to securely hold a holster proper. It does and can double as a dress belt for when I have to wear a coat and tie. Not expensive and readily available.

Sir Aardvark
December 10, 2008, 10:58 PM
I have a Milt Sparks belt - it is double-thickness and is also "Contour Cut".

Check out their website and you'll see what I mean.

The only bad thing about Milt Sparks is the long wait for their product, so... while you're on the phone with them ordering your belt, go ahead and order that Versa Max II that you know you'll eventually end up with anyways!

ecureed
December 10, 2008, 11:03 PM
I have one on order from UBG Holsters, I'll give you a report as soon as it arrives.

The Lone Haranguer
December 10, 2008, 11:20 PM
Should I look at the precurved, or with a plastic stiffener insert, neither, both? I'm just hoping for opinions on a variety.
Unless your gun is very heavy I see little need for additional stiffening. (Speidel explains all this on his site.) I also see little need for precurving the belt - you may have noticed, with a leather belt you already have, that they develop a curve by themselves over time.

Maia007
December 10, 2008, 11:23 PM
I have both the Beltman and the Wilderness 5.11. They are both good but they ARE different. Used to have the Sparks contour-cut belt until I........well..........outgrew it.

It kinda depends on what you want and what kind of clothing you usually wear. For dress or casual, Beltman's is great. The Filson belt is also ok. That is my dressy belt when carrying. But it is a bit less stiff (not good) than the Beltman belt. Really, any double layer, stitched rigid belt will get you by and is far better than the typical belt.

For strictly casual, such as jeans or cargo pants, the 5.11 web belt is fine and is fairly cheap and offers infinite adjustability. It is a bit tactical/military/cubscout looking and does not go well with dressier clothing.

I prefer the Beltman. It is the stiffest and classic leather enought to go with anything.

The Lone Haranguer
December 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
For strictly casual, such as jeans or cargo pants, the 5.11 web belt is fine and is fairly cheap and offers infinite adjustability.

The adjustability is this belt's best feature. Sometimes I've found a given hole to be a little loose and the next hole in too tight. My next leather belt, I think, will have seven holes 3/4 inch apart instead of the normal 5 x 1". (Yet another option offered by Speidel.:))

louie19
December 11, 2008, 03:17 AM
5.11 Tactical has decent gun belts for under $40 - http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Belts/D/30000/P/1:100:10000:10900:10906

trackaddict88
December 11, 2008, 03:39 AM
I like the beltman belts. Anyone tried the comp tac belts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Good CCW Gun Belts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!