Taurus Millenium Pro Duo M140 .40

PDA

JDizzle
December 10, 2008, 11:42 PM
Hello all,

I've been searching for a carry gun lately as I'm scheduled to take the CHL class in 2 weeks. I few of my coworkers recommended that I look into Taurus because that's what they carry and love their guns. I found the Millenium Pro Duo M140 on budsgunshop but could not find any other information on it.

So i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this gun. I could not find anything regarding the gun on either this site or Taurus' website. Looks just like a PT140 but with a light rail, is it pretty much just that?

I currently own a CZ P01 and Kimber Custom II 1911 but don't think I could easily conceal either since I'm rather skinny.

EDIT: Link to the gun (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_50_495/products_id/55235)http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/55234.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Millenium Pro Duo M140 .40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
seeds76
December 11, 2008, 01:05 AM
Hmm... Looks just like a PT140 that I used to own. I had some issues with mine. The slide would fail to completely return to battery time to time, FTF on the first chambered round was common. Once that started happening, then I decided it WAS NOT a reliable conceal weapon. I got my PT140 after reading all the crap people go through with Taurus guns.

Also, I hate that initial long DA trigger pull. Especially on a conceal weapon. I also shoot a Kim,ber Custom II so I'm used to short consistent SA trigger pulls. I'm more accurate on the first shot on SA than DA. I noticed that first looong trigger pull kinda make me slightly flinch as I'm waiting for the firing pin to finally engage. That's just me and DA triggers though. Something you might want to consider if you don't shoot DA trigger guns.

As far as the actual "feel" of the gun, it fits my hand EXTREMELY well due to my small hands/short fingers. It's pretty damn concealable if you ask me. Not as skinny as a Kahr but probably the next best thing.
It's barrel is pretty damn short. Couple that with such a snappy round like the .40S&W and you got yourself a jumpy muzzle when the thing goes off. Accuracy at 7 yards with standard sights is acceptable, anything like 10-15+ yards is... okay, but it may just be me. =)

Hope that helps.

PAPACHUCK
December 11, 2008, 06:45 AM
Do yourself a favor and check out the XD40SC. You just might change your mind about the Millennium.

neal7250
December 11, 2008, 09:39 AM
I have one, and it is a nice little gun. Never had a problem with it.
I also have the XD-M in 40, and 9mm, which are both better than the tarus.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Millenium Pro Duo M140 .40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!