Have you ever bumped into a THR member.......

PDA

45R
September 22, 2003, 12:11 PM
Were do you bump into forum members?

I was at the local range over the weekend. I took a new shooter out with me to introduce him to the world of handguns. He is stationed in Korea currently and only gets to play with the M4.

He did fairly well with the Sig 226.

While at the range I was talking to another shooter and well it turned out that he is also a fine member of our cult.....thehighroad.org :)

He was even kind enough to let me shoot a few rounds through his DE.

Thanks VR

45R

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever bumped into a THR member......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sven
September 22, 2003, 12:29 PM
It's a small world!

buzz_knox
September 22, 2003, 12:33 PM
On occasion. Usually at gun shows or the range (imagine that). It was funny, though, when I ran into three forumites at a LFI-2 class in Richmond.

Schuey2002
September 22, 2003, 12:55 PM
I'm more likely to bump into Bigfoot than any THR member way out in this neck of the woods. :uhoh:

Skunkabilly
September 22, 2003, 01:00 PM
Ran into two or more at my local range, a few from different classes, some at IDPA matches and steel matches...they're EVERYWHERE!

Ala Dan
September 22, 2003, 01:41 PM
Capbuster and myself have been long time friends
and associates for over 30 years. Once about 2.75 years
ago we were paid a visit by another firearms forum guru
from another website; that hails from the Jay-Hawk state.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Mike Irwin
September 22, 2003, 01:44 PM
Never bumped into any, but have met quite a few at various shoots.

Dionysusigma
September 22, 2003, 01:55 PM
Yup. Known Azrael256 for about a year, now roomates...

El Tejon
September 22, 2003, 01:57 PM
One member ran me off the drive way at Thunder Ranch, but who can blame him.:p

Correia
September 22, 2003, 01:59 PM
I get recognized a lot. "Hey, are you Larry Correia?" But I tend to stick out in the crowd a bit. :)

Plus this is one reason why you wear Molon Labe hats! (shamless self promotion)

mpthole
September 22, 2003, 03:57 PM
Yep. Ran into Monkeyleg at a gun show. Cool to put a face with a screen name. :cool:

** Forgot to add Dolomite (Craig). First met at Matt Burkett's class, then at the WI State IDPA match. :D

pistolwhipped
September 22, 2003, 04:31 PM
Hmmm...how would you know ?
Hi , I'm pistolwhipped.

cordex
September 22, 2003, 04:49 PM
A few times, but usually previously arranged. I bumped into Dan Flory and Chis Rhines one fine evening, but I quickly apologized, because no one bumps into Chris with impugnity!
Hmmm...how would you know ?
Molon Labe clothing is an indication, but not a sure thing. "TheFiringLine.com Alumni" shirts are even more telling.

jhisaac1
September 22, 2003, 05:05 PM
This was during the TFL era. I shot the Croc Dundee Banzai Ballistic last year in Dundee Or. It's a very high round count IPSC match. After the match I posted on TFL asking if anyone else was there. AlleyCat (I think) responded and it turns out he was on my squad (AKA Steve Alley). Memorable because he was shooting a revolver.

Monkeyleg
September 22, 2003, 06:24 PM
mpthole: "Yep. Ran into Monkeyleg at a gun show. Cool to put a face with a screen name."

Others who have seen my face wouldn't describe the experience as "cool." ;)

DigMe
September 22, 2003, 07:03 PM
I started talking to a guy who worked at the gun counter in WalMart and he ended up being a fellow THRer.

brad cook

Bowlcut
September 22, 2003, 08:42 PM
Hmmmm every day :D Darrin, Spanky McFly, and I work at the same place. Then We shoot with cslinger, sheslinger, oef_vet, glockten, ......bout 10-15 of us. dont think ive just bumped into anyone other than co workers. the rest of us are scattered though the burros of nashville. so not likely to see each other accidently unless we go shopping somewhere else. but yea know quite a few thr members...owner and such ;) ya know the usual :D

4v50 Gary
September 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
Wow DigMe - we got us a WallyWorld employee. Can he get us discounts on ammo or do you think his boss will look kinda funny when the semi pulls in and he tells the guy just to empty in front of the pick-up trucks in the corner of the lot. One pallet, two pallet, three pallet, four. :D

AUTIGER04
September 22, 2003, 10:24 PM
Nope.:(

P95Carry
September 22, 2003, 10:43 PM
Thus far - not knowingly. Often wonder if at gun shows we wore some subtle ID to show 'THR' .. maybe we'd find more ..... and more easily.

I hope very much to make aquaintance of just a few at the South PA fall shoot end of next month - 26th (another shameless plug!!):)

Zundfolge
September 22, 2003, 11:05 PM
Never ran into any when I lived in Kansas, but then I moved to Colorado.

You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a THR/TFL member :neener:

Schuey2002
September 23, 2003, 01:30 AM
So, um, you like swinging dead cats, do ya', Zundfolge? :D

Tamara
September 23, 2003, 02:02 AM
Saw Bainx and 19112XS at the last gun show.

Chatted with my downstairs neighbour (rennaissancemann) when I got home from work today.

Saw pward on my front porch yesterday when he came by to visit the neighbors.

Gave my rent check to my landlord, hso, last week.

Oleg and Preacherman spent the weekend a couple weeks ago.

Had brunch at my favorite local eatery with Marko Kloos yesterday.

buzz_knox may be avoiding me. (Hey! I'm working out at Randy's these days; don't come say "Hi" or nothin'! ;) :D )

Mebbe some I'm forgetting...

SodaPop
September 23, 2003, 02:05 AM
I've only met about ohhhhhhhh............. 100 TFL/THR members.:neener: Lost count about a year ago.

tomkatz
September 23, 2003, 02:05 AM
While shopping at Federal Way discount guns I started talking to a guy who was trying to decide between various models of cz pistols, I say blah blah go to the high road.org and there are a lot of good opinions on these guns. He smiles and says he is a high roader already, tis a small world indeed!....tom

OEF_VET
September 23, 2003, 08:54 AM
I was in one of the local gunstores, picking up my 1911 after having some work done on it. Before I left I had to look at all the kids in need of a good home. As I'm purusing the orphans, another gentleman is at the counter picking up his pistol from the 'smith. After he's done with his transaction and is heading for the door, he says to the counterperson, "Oh yeah, the name of that site is www.thehighroad.org ." Hearing that, I went over and introduced myself. That's how I met steelharp.

Of course, I've also met quite a few of the other locals, and some out of staters at our monthly TN Mafia get-togethers, be they at the range, the gunshows, or the 'slingers house.

Frank

Henry Bowman
September 23, 2003, 09:40 AM
No, not yet. But whenever I'm in Nashville, I'm always on the lookout for Runt and Oleg. You could never bump into Skunkabilly. He way too tactical.

buzz_knox
September 23, 2003, 09:45 AM
buzz_knox may be avoiding me. (Hey! I'm working out at Randy's these days; don't come say "Hi" or nothin'! )

Hey, it's not my fault. The only time he's open when I'm not working is on Saturday, and I've usually got one thing or another going on.

ed dixon
September 23, 2003, 08:57 PM
Have a couple dozen under surveillance during any given week. I mean no.

hoppinglark
September 23, 2003, 10:43 PM
maybe we should have a secret handshake or a label pin?
or simply stated no.

Lennyjoe
September 23, 2003, 11:02 PM
Just missed kickin it with Skunk when he was visiting Korea.

Will possible get to talk with Jim March and a couple of others this Sat in Houston.

Moparmike
September 23, 2003, 11:13 PM
Nope. Luckily, they havent seen my surveilence vans or bumped into any of my agents. Its all about skill and training.:cool: :D :scrutiny:

In reality, I hope to someday. Nobody frequents the UofA here in Fayettenam.

Futo Inu
September 24, 2003, 12:38 AM
Unfortunately, not yet. But I bet I'll recognize OkieCruffler when/if I see him out at the El Reno range, just from the guns he has with him. I'll tell him that those 10" handguns are illegal and wait for his reaction. :) BTW, any THRer here also a member of TriCity Gun Club in Norman, OK, besides me? ed dixon - lol.

LiquidTension
September 24, 2003, 01:50 AM
Only THR members I've met are people that I met outside of the forum and then saw on here (Carbon_15) or people that I introduced to THR (WingZero) or people I'm related to (Arkady).

I'm sure I've seen a few others at the range and at gun shows, but I don't know that they're THR members.

chaim
September 24, 2003, 02:27 AM
Shortly after the first attempt at a Maryland shoot over at thehighroad.com I ran into Mike K (the only other person who made it) at a gunshop. Seems we frequent at least one of the same shops. Mike K is on THR too.

The others, only at shoots, though I may well have met someone without THR coming up in the conversation so we didn't "make" each other.

tex_n_cal
September 24, 2003, 02:48 AM
Bumped into one TFL'r at Targetmasters in Milpitas - he sold me my Colt NRM stainless 1991A1. I think he moved back East, and can't recall his name to save my life:(

Victor Romen
September 24, 2003, 04:01 AM
45R,

You are welcome. It’s always fun to enjoy shooting ones own guns, but it’s also a lot of fun to see other people enjoy them as well. Thank you for making the offer to shoot your 226 as well.

VR

45R
September 24, 2003, 03:30 PM
VR-
Let me know when your in town again. We can do some more shooting at the Gun Room!! That sure was fun!!

45R

wingnutx
September 24, 2003, 07:09 PM
Turns out that a fellow THR member is in my reserve Seabee Battalion, so I am sure I have seen him if not actually met him.

We haven't had the whole battalion together since I found that out.

Abominable No-Man
September 24, 2003, 10:29 PM
Nope, never have. I suppose I should get around to it one of these days, seeing as how I'm at Ft. Campbell, KY, which isn't too far from Nashville.
Hey Bowlcut, OEF_VET, Darrin, Spanky, glockten, and all the rest of you guys from TN....email me.

ANM

Kendra Pacelli
September 24, 2003, 11:41 PM
All the time!

triggertime
September 25, 2003, 01:55 PM
Either it was a clone, or I think I saw the elusive runt brush past me at
the post office yesterday. I'm not quite sure though, as this one moved pretty
fast. But at least I know that those runtclones are out there. *spooky music*

JHill
September 25, 2003, 08:11 PM
Ran into Buzzknox at Guncraft.

Figured out who Tamara was and have seen her on occasion.

Still haven't 'bumped' into Marko Kloos.

Man, I need to get out to the events more often--several job changes have kept me at bay.

New_comer
September 25, 2003, 08:12 PM
Not yet... ;)

Azrael256
September 26, 2003, 01:05 AM
Yup. Known Azrael256 for about a year, now roomates... What is astonishing about this arrangement is that a person who sleeps so lightly can snore like a defective chainsaw. It is truly amazing.

Dr.Rob
September 26, 2003, 01:23 AM
Anyplace there are guns and gun nuts... MG shoots, IDPA matches, gun shows, political rallys, etc.

Colorado is indeed well stocked.

S_O_Laban
September 26, 2003, 02:14 AM
Nope, almost meet BowStreetRunner at a gun show once. Was there at the same time, but evidently missed each other in our search of the tables.

Dionysusigma
October 10, 2003, 06:38 AM
What is astonishing about this arrangement is that a person who sleeps so lightly can snore like a defective chainsaw.

Ouch :uhoh: :rolleyes: ;)

'Tis better to snore and be thought of as annoying than to talk in one's sleep and be thought insane... :neener: :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever bumped into a THR member......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!