I found another Pro Shall-Issue MD State Delegate! Say Hi and thank her!

PDA

ZombieHunter
December 11, 2008, 01:49 AM
I sent my delegates an email stating:

For Capital Punishment
For Shall-Issue

and got back:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I believe the death penalty is warranted for the very serious, heinous crimes on individuals such as children and emergency personnel.

Also, I will vote for the Shall Issue bill should it get to the House Floor.

Best regards,

Pamela G. Beidle
Delegate, District 32
(410)841-3370
Environmental Matters Committee
Subcommittees:
Environment
Housing and Real Property
Local Government and Bi-County

"vote for..." from a politician strikes me as she'll vote for it as opposed to against it. Send her a letter thank her for her support!

Please email her, Pamela.Beidle@house.state.md.us , and thank her. Show her we're not crazy gun nuts waiting for the world to end. Show her that she's not in some kind of minority and the shall-issue laws are the morally responsible thing to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "I found another Pro Shall-Issue MD State Delegate! Say Hi and thank her!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kind of Blued
December 11, 2008, 02:00 AM
Fabulous. You sure could use a lady like that out there.

Grey_Mana
December 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
fyi:
http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/msa14495.html

And from what appears to be her website (http://www.pambeidle.com/html/accomplishments.html), she claims as an accomplishment: "Stopped the Army’s plan for a skeet shooting range after hearing the safety concerns of nearby residents. "

zombienerd
December 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
"Stopped the Army’s plan for a skeet shooting range after hearing the safety concerns of nearby residents. "

I'd have to see more information :P

There are plenty of times you need to stop the Military from building things.

I spent 9 years in the Navy, and saw unsafe firing areas several times during my career.

If the "range" was at least 200-300 yards away from houses, I can't see the complaint, but I wouldn't put it past Uncle Sam to try to build a skeet range in a low-density residential area :) I wouldn't want an outdoor military range within a mile of my house, honestly... I've seen some of these guys shoot :neener: Had one guy hit the deck of our ship with a 9mm because he flinched down so hard on the second shot.

Like I said, I'd need more information to see if I agree with her on that, stopping a range from being built does not automatically make you an Anti.

JImbothefiveth
December 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
I can't agree with you on capital punishment, but hooray for shall-issue!

Stopped the Army’s plan for a skeet shooting range after hearing the safety concerns of nearby residents. "

That still takes away at least some credibility, blocking not just a shooting range, but a military shooting range.

Has she voted on anything else gun related?

yokel
December 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
Alas, shall-issue legislation hasn't a dog's chance of getting anywhere so long as MD remains a de facto single-party communist state.

kingpin008
December 11, 2008, 07:50 PM
As ZombieNerd said, I'd personally have to know more about the skeet range before I passed judgement - obviously I'd love to see more shooting ranges built (even if they are for military use only) if there was a legitimate concern about the safety of individuals down-range from that proposed shooting area then I don't think anyone can blame the Delegate for opposing it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I found another Pro Shall-Issue MD State Delegate! Say Hi and thank her!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!