thr in politics

PDA

moooose102
December 11, 2008, 07:18 AM
moderator, this is just a curiosity post, no actual political agenda here. i am just wondering if any members of THR are actually in politics. if you are, it would be fine to remain anonymous, i am just curios if there are any.

If you enjoyed reading about "thr in politics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kd7nqb
December 11, 2008, 04:25 PM
I have run for State representative and owned my own political consulting firm for a while.

WardenWolf
December 11, 2008, 04:27 PM
If they are, they probably won't be telling. Losing online anonymity is generally a bad thing on a large forum.

DoubleTapDrew
December 11, 2008, 04:37 PM
One time I played Lincoln in a grade school play.

Any politician who frequented this site would get my vote.

moi_self26
December 11, 2008, 04:40 PM
Not I, but I was thinking the other day how cool it would be if Massad Ayoob ran for POTUS in 2012 :P

MikePGS
December 11, 2008, 04:42 PM
Not I, but I was thinking the other day how cool it would be if Massad Ayoob ran for POTUS in 2012 :P
At the very least, he should run for President of the NRA :D

30 cal slob
December 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
+1 for "Mas for Prez."

he'd be his own security detail. lol.

gvnwst
December 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
I really dought that a polodude would give up his idetnty on a site like this. Being that we all (or most:D) own "evil" guns...:D:D:D

expvideo
December 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
Fortunately, I'm not involved in politics.

taliv
December 11, 2008, 05:57 PM
i take my state rep to tactical matches every month. does that count?

CoRoMo
December 11, 2008, 06:00 PM
I used to be Vice-President of my HOA.
The President sold his house and has since resigned.
I am now the President of the HOA. Bow before me!!:neener:

kingpin008
December 11, 2008, 06:13 PM
Any politician who frequented this site would get my vote.

Even if that politician is vehemently anti-gun and only visiting this site to gather ideas and info on how to oppose our right to RKBA?

Shung
December 11, 2008, 06:23 PM
Even if that politician is vehemently anti-gun and only visiting this site to gather ideas and info on how to oppose our right to RKBA?

impossible.. that would be totally unfair.. :D

DoubleTapDrew
December 11, 2008, 08:55 PM
I guess I should have said any pro-gun politician...
Seems an anti-gun person who spent much time on this site would either switch sides or their head would explode. Facts and reality overload (aside from the occasional zombie thread)!

Lurp
December 11, 2008, 09:01 PM
[/QUOTE] (aside from the occasional zombie thread) [/QUOTE]

Don't try and act like Zombies aren't real :D:D

I think a few members might have ran for state representative or such, but I don't think we have any big time politicians, but if we do they will most likely remain anonymous.

SSN Vet
December 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
I was condemned to (I mean ellected to) our condo board four years ago.

In January I'll be free!!!

Never again!

AllAmerican
December 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
Interesting question.

I do in fact plan in the very near future to run for a county commissioner position. From there who knows.

mljdeckard
December 11, 2008, 10:13 PM
I grew up in a very small town, which if I decided to return to it, almost by default I would eventually be Mayor. Everyone gets a turn. Even more so if I go back there after I finish law school. There are worse places to be Mayor, this place actually has a firearms ownership law.

As far as a more major office, I don't know if I have that little self-respect. To run for office these days, every bad thing you ever did comes out, and every good thing you did is twisted to look bad. I suppose I'll see later.

longdayjake
December 11, 2008, 10:24 PM
I did a short run for State Rep. I couldn't actually get on the ballot because of a registration technicality, but I sure did make an unopposed democrat nervous for a while.

DoubleTapDrew
December 11, 2008, 11:35 PM
And so began THR's unstoppable takeover of the United States government...

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "thr in politics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!