Remington 700 VTR

PDA

sbarkowski
December 11, 2008, 04:38 PM
This gun has caught my intrest since I first saw it but there is very little info on how it actually performs. I know many dont like it because they believe it to be a marketing scheme. I for one like the the way it looks and after I picked one up I was hooked. Nice positive griping surfaces, well balanced and light enough to carry all day. Im stuck between this and the SPS Varmint which is considerably heavier. I was just wondering if anyone has any pictures of grouping from an unmodified out-of-the-box version using off the shelf ammo? Some info on the how the trigger performs perhaps? How about snow and other foreign matter gettin in the muzzel break cut-outs while hunting?

Thanks guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 700 VTR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fireman 9731
December 11, 2008, 05:52 PM
I have one in 22-250 and love it!

I dont have nay pics of groups right now, but I can get .5 MOA with handloads, right around 1-1.25 MOA with factory.

As far as twigs and snow in the muzzle brake, I havent had any problems, it hasnt been out in the snow yet but I have had it in quite a bit of brush. I just give it a little jiggle and glance at it before I shoot. even if it did cause any problems, it would be made up for by the great sight picture you can maintain while shooting.

ravenwolf71
December 11, 2008, 06:36 PM
I have one in .308 and can do under an 1" at 100yds. I love it.

sbarkowski
December 11, 2008, 08:01 PM
with factory ammo?

I'd like to see some pics of ppl's rigs also if there are any available.

MT GUNNY
December 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=89003&d=1228928794

Ive been able to achieve 1MOA In Prone with That Burris Scope, Winchester Ammo.

MT GUNNY
December 11, 2008, 08:16 PM
Oh Ya! I forgot! This last Summer it Took out about 25 Ground Squirrels, at ranges From 25 to 150Yards.

sbarkowski
December 11, 2008, 08:39 PM
That scope comes in that color or is it custom work? Nice btw.

MT GUNNY
December 11, 2008, 08:59 PM
http://www.burrisoptics.com/fftactical.html

Stock Color on the scope.

Tang419
January 26, 2009, 03:42 PM
I just came into a VTR in .22-250. Havent got it yet, so Im wondering how everyone still likes theirs ? I got it in NIB condition, with a 24x Bushnell and Harris Bi-Pod.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 700 VTR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!