Just got a glock 19 (2nd gen)...

PDA

bhhacker
December 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
I think glocks are oober ugly, but I hear pretty good things about reliability of them as well. I hear though, that the trigger is pretty awful and i was quite suprised when I dry fired it. It felt halfway decent. This is coming from a 1911 and SAO fan. I got this for concealed carry and for cheaper range times.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got a glock 19 (2nd gen)..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snarlingiron
December 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
The triggers definitely improve with use.

Japle
December 11, 2008, 09:05 PM
2nd gen G19s are my favorite. Hate the damn finger grooves!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Japle/G19.jpg

I added the TFO sights and a Lone Wolf 3.5 lb connector and trigger stop.

Great for IDPA and carry.

bhhacker
December 11, 2008, 09:14 PM
Mine came with a rubber slip on grip that makes it a little more comfy. I will shoot the glock first and see if it needs any work with sights or anything. Are the 3.5 triggers expensive? The actual cost of item and installation?

Japle
December 11, 2008, 09:21 PM
Connectors are cheap - like $10 or so. You install them yourself.

See the Glocktalk forum - http://glocktalk.com/forums/ - for lots of info.

PhillyGlocker
December 11, 2008, 09:56 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the 2nd Gen 19's. It's a Glock, so there isn't much bad to say about them.

CountGlockula
December 12, 2008, 12:23 AM
Two words: Trigger reset.

threefeathers
December 12, 2008, 01:17 AM
I have a G 32 and a G19 on order. I have learned to use the finger grooves.

Ben86
December 12, 2008, 01:26 AM
Congrads, you just purchased some of the best combat tupperwear money can buy.

I'm not a big fan of the finger grooves, but I didn't want to buy used either. So third gen for me...

Japle, how did you get your slide all nice and silvery?

sogarimfire
December 12, 2008, 11:14 AM
Congrats on the 19.Great gun.Shoot it some before you do anything.The first time I shot mine I sucked.Dry fire after dry fire and now I can shoot it great.

JZ06
December 13, 2008, 11:34 AM
[threefeathers wrote]I have a G 32 and a G19 on order. I have learned to use the finger grooves.

where did you get that 32 my friend? ;) 19 on order eh? man, you're hooked hehehe:evil:

i love my 19c and have an idea now seeing that two tone one atop in the photo! looks nice!

bhhacker
December 13, 2008, 01:41 PM
mines two toned s well but it doesnt look that clean on top hahah

Fireatwill
January 31, 2009, 11:49 PM
Forgive me brothers and sisters but I too have fallen into the darkness of the GLOCK. Mine is a 2nd. gen. 19, also. Are there any upgrades, such as gen 3 parts that are necessary to improve function/reliability on the 2nd. gens?

Snarlingiron
February 1, 2009, 12:39 AM
I have the "finger groove" 19, and it fits me very well. It has 12,000+ rounds through it and only about 1/2 dozen issues. A couple were traced to a magazine that had a dime in it ( guess it worked itself in there in my range bag) a couple were limp wristing issues early on, and a few were stovepipes of unexplained origin.

1 failure per 2000 rounds, that fits my profile. Great pistol, and arguably the best combat 9mm ever made.

My advice: don't mess around with it. Shoot a couple thousand rounds, and if it is reliable (it will be unless it has been kitchen table bubba'ed) DFWI (don't "fool" with it) or something to that affect.

legion3
February 1, 2009, 06:56 AM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x49/roman3/glocks007.jpg

The Glock 19's , yeah I like them. The 2nd's the most.

Nightsights and the smooth faced G17 trigger are the only upgrades I do to any Generation Glock. Unless your Glock 19 is a very old two letter code and has not had the trigger bar upgrade (When you take it apart the bar running down the right side of the gun should be silver and flat, then its been upgraded, if it is a blackish color and has a ridge in the middle of the bar it has not) Only on the older 2 letter prefix's.

Otherwise buy mags and shoot it often.

Learn to shoot with the trigger reset and you will find the trigger is better then you have heard.

Ringer
February 1, 2009, 10:11 AM
I too like my G19 other than the finger grooves. They don't line up right at all for me. That's why the frame is at Robar (http://robarguns.com/) right now getting them removed. It's due back in 2 weeks, will be glad to have it back. Only other thing done to my Gen 3 is night sights. Thought about the 3.5# connector but so far I'm fine with the stock trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got a glock 19 (2nd gen)..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!