Holographic sight

PDA

moooose102
December 12, 2008, 06:55 AM
i saw a photo of a holographic sight mounted on the top of an autoloader a while back. are they really tough enought to withstand the beating of the slide cycleing? what would the weight of the sight do for the cycleing of the slide? or was this pic just for advertisement purposes?

If you enjoyed reading about "Holographic sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FlaChef
December 13, 2008, 02:55 AM
the only way i've seen red dot sights or scopes on autoloaders is they mount them to a bracket that attaches to the frame and sits on top ofthe slide barely not touching it so it can cycle.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/Duxman_2007/Master_Black_CMore_500_06.jpg

Sometimes the bracket only comes up one side and sometimes both sides. So depending on the picture it could look like it was on the slide.

Eightball
December 13, 2008, 11:33 AM
I've seen some old wadcutter 1911s with a full-length rib with a rail system integrated, right into the top of the slide (not the bracket). How about in that system?

DZL HOG
December 13, 2008, 01:14 PM
Check this thread out for pics of M&P with a red dot.
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20535

jon_in_wv
December 14, 2008, 07:51 AM
I thinks that is more what he is talking about. I've read a bit about those and supposedly they do hold up reasonably well. They are light enough they do not effect the function of the slide much. Some people swear by them.

moooose102
December 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
dzlhog, that IS what i was talking about. the pistol i saw it on was stainless, but same setup. it seems like THE hot set up to me! IF they actually hold up to several thousand rounds. if they fail after a few hundred, it would get pretty expensive, and it would fail just when you NEED it!

If you enjoyed reading about "Holographic sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!