Dumb question

PDA

Ragnar Danneskjold
December 12, 2008, 10:42 PM
I've got a friend, who is also a member on here, who does not happen to have net access at the moment. He's a non-felon, and an Army MP, who's looking to sell a rifle to another non-felon MP tonight. He just called me to ask if there is anything he needs to do other than exchange cash for the rifle. They both live in Michigan, are over 21, and do not have any other gun-ownership-limiting factors. I'm posting this now, since they are hanging out and planning on doing the sale tonight, and none of us have ever sold a firearm before. Is there any other legal busy-work they have to partake in after the rifle and cash change hands?

If you enjoyed reading about "Dumb question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mio
December 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
nope its all good

Eightball
December 13, 2008, 12:59 AM
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State.How does the military bit affect this? Would knowing which state each member in the transaction is from make a difference? I know that at the FFL counter of the store I work for, where the buyer is from is of key importance if they're in the military. Could just be an idiot corporate policy, but still just feel like making sure for the OP's sake.

NavyLCDR
December 14, 2008, 01:27 PM
where the buyer is from is of key importance if they're in the military.

Why is that Eightball? An active duty member shows you his Active Duty military ID and his/her orders to the state in which your store is located and you sell them guns as a resident of your state. If your boss doesn't allow that, your boss needs to be shown the applicable portions of the 2005 Guide to Federal Firearms Regulations.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dumb question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!