The High Road.Us

PDA

ZeBool
December 13, 2008, 08:02 PM
From what I have read on the other site and aps, I fully expect this thread to be locked.That being said, it was just today that the website The Highroad.us came to my attention. I have been a member here for about a month I believe,and have been lurking for far longer. This matter only came to my attention today. I feel that it is only fair that newer members such as myself are exposed to the situation and are allowed to choose for themselves, in lieu of ignorance. I am not going to link to the story, but I do however encourage other members who do not know of which I speak to investigate the difference between the websites The highroad.org and The highroad.us. I, for one, will henceforth be devoting my time and attention The Highroad.US. Again, I do understand and will harbor no hard feelings for the locking of this thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "The High Road.Us" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SamG.
December 13, 2008, 08:05 PM
Thehighroad.us is not cool

Shung
December 13, 2008, 08:08 PM
I will read and post in both until the justice has decided who is right.

BullfrogKen
December 13, 2008, 08:15 PM
ZeBool,

There is a sticky at both the top of GGD and the Tech forum about the ownership controversy. There's been a sticky there since before you registered, and it's been a subject of discussion for months now. If you just found out about it today, and that's your decision, no one will think any less of you. Make whatever choice you feel comfortable making.

matrem
December 13, 2008, 08:20 PM
"I will read and post in both until the justice has decided who is right."
+1

guntotinguy
December 13, 2008, 08:27 PM
Me too...I didnt join here to 'take sides' with folks I dont know.I am confident it will all work itself out as it should,so being a member of both sites...

enjoy!

Fred Fuller
December 13, 2008, 09:53 PM
Since so many folks are disinclined to look for and follow links, here's the staff post that is stickied at the top of GGD regarding the situation:
=========
http://www.thehighroad.org/announcement.php?f=2

In answer to the many questions about the current THR situation

The Staff of THR wish to respond to a thread in Tech Support called "Rumors?", but we feel the response would be more beneficial as a general announcement instead of a post in that thread.

Member jonsidneyb posted a good statement saying in essence that without knowing what actually happened, we can only go on what is said happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsidneyb
While I cannot determine the truth of what is happening, I can only see what is said that happened I think it is very important. Some might not feel that it is important but honest dealings are critical I feel to a proper working society. I just cannot judge.

Only one party to the dispute is commenting publicly. There are always as many versions of what happened as there are participants and witnesses.

Here is the back story as observed by the Staff. Someone in the firearms business made an offer to buy or rent the THR community. The figure that was told to the Staff was six figures. Ownership disputes began while the issue was under discussion. Despite offers of mediation by the Staff and the suggestion of professional arbitration, Oleg and Derek were unable to resolve this dispute. Oleg filed a lawsuit to resolve the issue.

The Staff has always honored an agreement to keep disagreements about Staff decisions in Staff, and not fight in public. Oleg chose to take his fight public. Derek has chosen not to comment but to save his arguments for the courtroom.

That is where things stand.

The Staff has remained neutral and worked hard to keep the community running while this dispute is settled. There is a lot of work being put in to make sure that the membership is not affected by this dispute. You shouldn't let it affect you. THR is here, it's the same forum it has always been.

The Staff of TheHighRoad
================

My own personal and completely unsolicited opinion- join where you want, post where you want, and please leave the drama to the soap operas on teevee.

lpl

gvnwst
December 13, 2008, 11:13 PM
Thehighroad.us is not cool

Why?:confused:

I will read and post in both until the justice has decided who is right.

+1
I am personally on Olegs side, but i value the opinions of members that stayed here, and now i can ask two times as many questions:D

joneb
December 14, 2008, 12:15 AM
The members are the life blood of these forums, just as the tax payer is the life blood of our government, neither can survive without the other ?

JImbothefiveth
December 14, 2008, 12:17 AM
Read them both, that's what I do.
.us has less readers, so responses to threads usually take longer.

hso
December 14, 2008, 01:08 AM
Gotta love folks who get one side of the story and decide they know everything they need to know.:rolleyes:

Short of forcing everyone to read the Announcement at the top of General (that we've had up on this for quite a while), what more do folks think we can do than put up clear information for rational responsible people to read whenever they have a question on this?:banghead:

bikerdoc
December 14, 2008, 01:56 PM
To the OP,
Dude, do what you want, this not the drama club. We are here, there, or someplace else to promote RKBA, and learn and dicuss from the various topics and forums.
If two guys want to make lawyers rich, none of us can be the bouncer in that brawl, Some guy in a black robe will ultimately decide.

Joe Demko
December 14, 2008, 06:53 PM
All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up...

harmonic
December 14, 2008, 08:19 PM
All your forum are belong to us!

paintballdude902
December 16, 2008, 01:23 AM
im not here for drama, e-fights, or other crap

im here (and there) for my hobby guns i got to both because both have good info

its not my place to judge even though i have heard both sides because i bet there is still info i will not here and personally i dont care to hear becasue thats not why im here

if your here for the guns then keep it that way if your not go watch oprah

MMCSRET
December 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
I love sitting on the 50 yd. line and watch the football bats fly!!!!!!!!

ljnowell
December 16, 2008, 09:41 PM
In answer to the many questions about the current THR situation

The Staff of THR wish to respond to a thread in Tech Support called "Rumors?", but we feel the response would be more beneficial as a general announcement instead of a post in that thread.

Member jonsidneyb posted a good statement saying in essence that without knowing what actually happened, we can only go on what is said happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsidneyb
While I cannot determine the truth of what is happening, I can only see what is said that happened I think it is very important. Some might not feel that it is important but honest dealings are critical I feel to a proper working society. I just cannot judge.

Only one party to the dispute is commenting publicly. There are always as many versions of what happened as there are participants and witnesses.

Here is the back story as observed by the Staff. Someone in the firearms business made an offer to buy or rent the THR community. The figure that was told to the Staff was six figures. Ownership disputes began while the issue was under discussion. Despite offers of mediation by the Staff and the suggestion of professional arbitration, Oleg and Derek were unable to resolve this dispute. Oleg filed a lawsuit to resolve the issue.

The Staff has always honored an agreement to keep disagreements about Staff decisions in Staff, and not fight in public. Oleg chose to take his fight public. Derek has chosen not to comment but to save his arguments for the courtroom.

That is where things stand.

The Staff has remained neutral and worked hard to keep the community running while this dispute is settled. There is a lot of work being put in to make sure that the membership is not affected by this dispute. You shouldn't let it affect you. THR is here, it's the same forum it has always been.

The Staff of TheHighRoad

Thats a nice bull story. This is a horrible crock of crap. More and more people will be going over to thr.us soon, I am afraid.

Joe Demko
December 16, 2008, 10:15 PM
More and more people will be going over to thr.us soon, I am afraid.

Don't be afraid. They can sense fear, you know. They smell it. The stink of fear oozing out of a man's pores is like an aphrodisiac to them. So, please, don't be afraid.

Bartkowski
December 16, 2008, 10:23 PM
I am personally on Olegs side

Why? Maybe because the other side chose not to share all information with the public, and wanted it to stay between the parties involved?

Either way I will just come on this forum only. I am so used to going up to my favorites menu and choosing this and I see no reason to add thehighroad.us.

GTSteve03
December 16, 2008, 10:46 PM
Thats a nice bull story. This is a horrible crock of crap. More and more people will be going over to thr.us soon, I am afraid.
Yes, that is a shame. Rather than keeping THR.org the repository of years of useful knowledge, some people chose to split off and try to siphon away members, in the end weakening both websites. That hardly seems like the best way to continue teaching about the RKBA, especially in the hard future we will soon be facing.

Larry Ashcraft
December 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
Anybody notice that this split happened right before a presidential election that took a decided anti-freedom turn? One of the best RKBA sites on the net erupts into turmoil over money?

Nice timing.

And we keep saying how dumb the anti-gun left is. :rolleyes:

We've been had.

f4t9r
December 16, 2008, 11:12 PM
He said,she said !!!!!
I just enjoy THR

Rodentman
December 16, 2008, 11:16 PM
Honestly I never knew there was a THR.US forum. This one is fine for me.

«if your here for the guns then keep it that way if your not go watch oprah»

My wife watches that garbage whilst I clean my guns.

esq_stu
December 16, 2008, 11:24 PM
I read both and post on both and I hope the two get back together regardless of who ends up as owner. Gun owners cannot afford to be split when an all democrat govt is fix'n to disarm us.

ljnowell
December 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, that is a shame. Rather than keeping THR.org the repository of years of useful knowledge, some people chose to split off and try to siphon away members, in the end weakening both websites. That hardly seems like the best way to continue teaching about the RKBA, especially in the hard future we will soon be facing.

Split off? Siphon away members? Hmm, thats an interesting way of looking at it. So, if I hijacked your house and you were forced to move elsewhere, then took your family with you, would it be safe to say that you split off from your home and siphoned your family away from me?

Lets not beat around the bush, oleg has the copyright on this site, someone else is greedy as can be and wants it for himself. He locked oleg out of the site and claimed it for his own. Thats really the high road way, huh?

What a joke.

JShirley
December 17, 2008, 03:13 AM
Okay, this thread is no longer productive. FYI, Oleg claims the copyright for this site. Oleg did not think of the name, nor was the idea of the website his. Now, THR had a policy since inception of keeping staff communication confidential. One of the two major parties in this dispute is still attempting to abide by that rule.

I have to say, it's rather ironic for someone who's been a member for six whole months to "know" these things, ljn. Maybe you should reconsider what the joke actually is.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "The High Road.Us" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!