Wow! Cool board!

PDA

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 06:05 PM
Hi guys! A really cool lady, DarkEros, sent me to look in here. I've been reading the different forums for a while today and I think I like this board. You all seem to be very polite people.
I like posting in reloading/casting and on the rifle forums. Is it mostly just guys here, or are there a few girls too?
I'll probably read for a few days, but this does seem to be a very friendly community.
Bye guys!

:^)

If you enjoyed reading about "Wow! Cool board!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
September 22, 2003, 06:21 PM
Just us He-Men here!:rolleyes:

Welcome to THR.:)

Sisco
September 22, 2003, 06:28 PM
Welcome!
Remember, new guy buys the beer. Let's see... 6910 members, $2.00 each, comes to $13,820.00 plus tax.
Send me the money and I'll make sure the brews get distributed. Really, I will. No kiddin'.
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/wink.gif

Quartus
September 22, 2003, 06:40 PM
You all seem to be very polite people.

heh heh heh. We fooled another one. Come into my parlor....

Juuuuuuust kidding! :) Welcome to THR!

cordex
September 22, 2003, 06:49 PM
Welcome!

Bigjake
September 22, 2003, 06:52 PM
welcome here!

Ala Dan
September 22, 2003, 06:54 PM
WELCOME !

A great bunch of firearms friends mingle here; so come
on in an pull up a chair. Have a cup of hot coffee, a cold
glass of ice tea, or a ice cold beer; supper will be ready
shortly. Join some of the most knowledgeable folks in
the firearms world in a round table discussion of our
favorite sport!:D Hope you enjoy the camaraderie as
much as we do.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

sm
September 22, 2003, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the THR ! :D

Is it mostly just guys here, or are there a few girls too?

:D I can't fella's I can't...gonna let the ladies handle this...:D

< whistles as waits for pics of our ladies replete with targets, training, and guns>

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 07:18 PM
I am my Father's daughter and I grew up in the reloading room, so I hope I can contribute something.

CZ 75 BD
September 22, 2003, 07:19 PM
post early and often!:D

Silver Bullet
September 22, 2003, 07:24 PM
Quite a few ladies post in here, most (if not all) of them smarter than me. :)

Welcome to The High Road !

WhoKnowsWho
September 22, 2003, 07:31 PM
Welcome to The High Road! Have fun and keep an open mind, there is a ton of information to be found and provided here!

C.R.Sam
September 22, 2003, 07:32 PM
Welcome aboard 1911sr.
Tis a mixed bag here.
About the only consistancy is belief in the right to keep and bear arms.
Both sexes, tactical, target, collectors, old, young.
You name it, tis here.

Sam

cordex
September 22, 2003, 07:34 PM
About the only consistancy is belief in the right to keep and bear arms.
And even then ...

Quartus
September 22, 2003, 07:39 PM
cordex, this is not the time to start picking on agricola!

:D

Quite a few ladies post in here, most (if not all) of them smarter than me.

Well, Silver ol' buddy, who are we to argue? ;)

1911sr, your handle seems to indicate that you have mature, well-reasoned tastes in handguns. (As opposed to those who opt for mouse guns.)

Is you a 1911 fan, or is you not?

Sisco
September 22, 2003, 07:40 PM
Man, is my face red :o
Let me amend my first post to read "New person buys the beer".

Cliff
September 22, 2003, 07:41 PM
1911sr,

Glad to meet you,welcome to the board,you'll enjoy it here.Enough of that.Tell us about DarkEros.:D

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 07:50 PM
1911sr stands for 1911 Schmidt Rubin. That's my favorite of all my rifles.
Dad and I both collect Schmidt Rubins, PE57s and AMTs. Other ones too, but those are our favourites. My Dad is Chief Moderator on swissrifles.com

DarkEros might have a different name here, but she's been a sister in arms of mine for a couple of years.

Oops! I forgot to say that I carry a Kimber ProCarry.

sm
September 22, 2003, 07:56 PM
:o

Sisco, scoot over, well sit here for a bit red-faced...in due time people will forget...maybe.

( lets try again)
1911sr Welcome to THR.

I'm trying to apologize, but with red-face might be hard to tell...

Kimber Pro Carry, my best friend and a number of lady friends carry those, nice gun ! 1911 style...(forget it, more I try the deeper I bury myself) :D

Somebody have a pull on strong one for me...I don't drink...so help a fella out huh?

cool45auto
September 22, 2003, 07:59 PM
Welcome to THR!:D

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 08:05 PM
How would you know from my name anyway?
To tell the truth I'm a refugee from another board. I used to be a Moderator there in the Basics Forum a couple of years ago. I was told I was the youngest one ever, and I didn't really tell the guys I was a girl until they gained some confidence in what I could teach them. After that everything was cool and we all had fun. The Mods and Admin all knew cuz of my Dad, k31, but the members took quite a while before they figured it out.
I was Mod on the Ladies forum too and we had classes in reloading and casting.
Lots of the girls began reloading and shooting with their guys and one even began hardcasting her own projectiles! Cool, no?

Anyway, it's nice to be here. You all seem to be a lot more like my Dad.

Silver Bullet
September 22, 2003, 08:13 PM
Well, Silver ol' buddy, who are we to argue?
You could at least put up some token resistance ! :D

Kestryll
September 22, 2003, 08:13 PM
My but isn't the gun boards world small!
THR is a very nice forum with some well informed people on it.
I rarely see flames here and when I do the Mods are on it right away.
I feel it's a bit strict on the must be gun related issue, sometimes ya just want to share that silly joke that has nothing to do with guns, but it is their home and we guest must play by the rules

All in all one of the top three boards I visit.

12-34hom
September 22, 2003, 08:14 PM
Welcome.

12-34hom.

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 08:15 PM
Widerstand ist zwecklos! :D

Hey!! Hi kestryll!! This MUST be a cool place, no?

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 08:19 PM
The old place where I began USED to be firearms related too. Most ALL of it. I'm really glad that this one IS.

Kestryll
September 22, 2003, 08:32 PM
All too true, and I do like the focus of this one.
If you ever used to visit the The Firing Line forums you'll recognize quite a few names here.

Hand_Rifle_Guy
September 22, 2003, 09:07 PM
AMT's? You like AMT's? Those much-maligned stainless-steel sometimes-uttercrap-but-always-unique-and-entertaining products from those Fabulous Folks in Irwindale Californy?

You mean like Back-ups, Javelinas, Hardballers, On-duty's, Lightnings, and the ubiquitous Automags?

I'm a die-hard AMT fan. I gotta be about the only one who ever writes good things about 'em. If you're a kindred spirit, I'm all a-quiver. That's presuming we are in fact talking about the same product line. (If it's that rifle again...sigh.)

BTW, welcome! HighRiders are known to have class, and exceptionally good manners. We like to hold the doors open for the womenfolk.

But it's not because you are ladies. It's because we are gentlemen. We can do no less.

;):D

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 09:10 PM
I meant the Sig AMT rifles in .308. And thank you for the classy welcome! I love having a guy open doors and hold my targets. Its the gentlemanly thing to do, no?

Stickjockey
September 22, 2003, 09:23 PM
I'll hold your targets but only if you ain't shootin' at 'em at the time! :what:

Welcome to the HighRoad!

1911sr
September 22, 2003, 09:54 PM
But a true, trusting gentleman would, no?

Quartus
September 22, 2003, 10:05 PM
Trust is EARNED, ma'am.

And THAT kind of trust takes quite a while...

:D

Brian Dale
September 22, 2003, 11:46 PM
Welcome, 1911sr!

You got us twice! First with your name, which you revealed to be from the 1911 Schmidt Rubin after we (or I; anybody else?) thought it was related to John Moses B's fine creation, and now with the Sig AMT rifle. I like your style!

I am an expert conclusion-jumper myself; it's one of my greatest skills. This board is an excellent source of wisdom from some very knowledgeable, well-mannered folks. And some of the people you'll find " hold[ing] the doors open for the womenfolk" - and the new menfolk - are some very accomplished women.

My beer has just arrived; Thank You! You've sent the money to Sisco already, right? :evil: :D

C.R.Sam
September 22, 2003, 11:59 PM
:) Why tweek em when you can watch em tweek themselves.
Thank you for the laughs 1911sr.
And again, a hearty welcome aboard.

Sam

10-Ring
September 23, 2003, 12:22 AM
Welcome aboard P-)

Hand_Rifle_Guy
September 23, 2003, 02:05 AM
Re: AMT's: Nertz. I can't win. I know the rifles are nothing less than excellent, but I don't get to own one. Something about where I live, you see. The gubmint's afraid of informed populace.

And as for the welcome, it was offered in earnest, and as the local Loon, I would in fact hold your targets. Any girl into SIGs, Kimbers, and K-31's is one I would trust to know how to shoot sight unseen.

After all, only accurate guns are interesting.

However, Mad though I may be, I will not stand BEHIND said target. Crazy don' meen stoopid!

:^) << I like that. Mucho cute. :)

BluesBear
September 23, 2003, 06:41 AM
WELCOME aboard, 1911sr!

Swiss Rifles and Paul Reed Smith Bass Guitars.

Ahhh another lady with style and good taste.
;)

Just another great reason to be here.

By the way what do you play that PRS through?

OEF_VET
September 23, 2003, 07:42 AM
Welcome aboard 1911sr. What part of the Big Sky Country are you from? I spent 5 years in Great Falls, and must say, that's some of the most beautiful country in the world. Great hunting too!

Frank

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 07:54 AM
Our family lives in the mountains west of Kalispell. Its called Lost Prairie.

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 07:58 AM
Hi BluesBear! I use different amps. One is a 1970 Sunn with 2 15s, one is a Carvin RedEye, another is a Fender Bassman and the last one is a Fender Baby Blue with a 6 10" Marshall box.
Cool, no?
In the studio we just go direct in to the console.

BluesBear
September 23, 2003, 08:08 AM
COOL! I like you already! Welcome to THR.

I have been looking at the Red Eye + 115 cabinet myself.
Those old whiteface Sunn Concert amps are great. Does it have the original 215V cabinet?

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 08:29 AM
When Dad bought it for me it had the original cabinet under it but now the cabinet just sits in the corner of the drum room. It sounds MUCH better through the 6x10 Marshall box. Almost EVERYthing sounds better through the Marshall cabinet.

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 08:50 AM
Hi 10 Ring! That P is one of my Dad's signatures. I'm not my Dad.
But thank you for the welcome.

MuzzleBlast
September 23, 2003, 09:12 AM
A really cool lady, DarkEros, sent me to look in here.Woo, she one of them Gothic chicks? Tattoos and piercings and all that? ;) :D

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 09:17 AM
:p No. I've known her for some time. She's got a weird name, but she's a very cool lady.:cool:

DorGunR
September 23, 2003, 09:49 AM
1911sr.......welcome aboard, glad to have ya.:D

I'm an old coot , and mostly just hang around and read......but when a post comes along that I know something about, I jump on it. I only reload shotgun now but if I start reloading brass maybe you can help me out.:)

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 10:00 AM
Cool! I'd love to help if I can!

Betty
September 23, 2003, 10:04 AM
Welcome to THR, 1991sr! :cool:

Skunkabilly
September 23, 2003, 10:28 AM
HIIIIIIIIIIIII :p

KMKeller
September 23, 2003, 10:31 AM
Welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for here. Great people.

Sodbuster
September 23, 2003, 11:14 AM
Welcome to THR, 1911sr. Greetings from the Bozeman area. Just don't ask me to hold a target for you... it would be zwecklos to ask!! :D Schiessen Sie los.

Trisha
September 23, 2003, 12:31 PM
It's proving to be an interesting mix of people, 1911sr - knowledgable, opinionated, and I suspect the cologne of choice is still contested: Sweets, or Hoppes #9.

I'm one of the Lesbians (and no, I'm not looking for a date. . .!).

Have fun!

Trisha

(246,100 words later, my first novel is completed! Now to find a good way to publish it!)

Big_R
September 23, 2003, 12:35 PM
It's good to see you've found a new home. I think you'll like it here.

Ryan

Brian Dale
September 23, 2003, 12:51 PM
Trisha,

My own favorite fragrance is Ed's Red. 1911sr, one of the things that I like at THR is that people don't pick on me for being different; the other members permit and respect my diversity (I DO avoid breathing the acetone, really). Another is that, whether you're 8 years old or 80, whenever you know something I don't, I'm gonna learn from you.

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 01:07 PM
!!! Trisha!! Wow! Really??
Since my earliest memories the weapons room has always smelled like Hoppes, but actually I wear Joy.
I began with Dad in the reloading room at maybe 12 actually reloading. I got my first rifle at 6. I still have that Chipmunk .22. I do hardcasting and I've taught lots of ladies to reload on the old board in the Ladies Forum.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys!

brownie0486
September 23, 2003, 01:15 PM
You may not be looking for a date,

but more importantly, are you looking to be converted?:rolleyes:

Brownie

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 01:21 PM
Converted to what? 7.5 Swiss?? I bet she'd like that, no?

DorGunR
September 23, 2003, 01:32 PM
1911sr.........I just noticed what state you are from.........back in 1951/53, I spent some time in Great Falls and Plentywood, Montana (extreme NE part of state) I really enjoyed myself and met some great folks there.
I started teaching my son to shoot at age 5.....bought him his first shotgun at age 11 (Remington 1100, 20ga) by the time he was 13 he was shooting better skeet than I was.......dangit.:mad:

Anyhoo.......welcome again.:)

Trisha
September 23, 2003, 01:47 PM
I've been told on several occasions that I'm 'one recruit shy of the free toaster oven.'

My tastes in perfume are Happy, by Clinique, and on rare occasions, Opium or Poison; but I've delighted in going out for lunch after a long morning at the range reeking of VV N340 and sunscreen. . .

The agent that had expressed an interest in my novel backed down after reading the manuscript. She said, "Between the social commentary that takes aim at everything except fast food and ethnic minorities, the detailed lesbian love scenes and the alternative lifestyle of the main characters that nearly redefines the term I love it! The problem will be finding a publisher that wants their name associated with your work. Good Luck!"

(sigh)

Maybe that's why I enjoy the people here. Differences are enjoyable!

Are you going to post any pictures of you and your pet firearms/best targets? I hope so!

7.5 Swiss? It's possible, though I'm more into handguns than rifles - I keep an open mind.

Trisha

Brian Dale
September 23, 2003, 01:49 PM
dangit. :mad:
The Master wants his pupil to surpass him.

Ya done good.

1911sr, on K31 rifles, I couldn't get the links to work when I did a search for sources. My Q: I've got a K-31 on my "Gotta Buy - SOON!" list. Any recommendations about what to look for? My primary interest is to shoot it; if it has some dings and "character" on the outside, that's fine.

Brian Dale
September 23, 2003, 01:52 PM
{silly, pointless comment deleted by Happy Bob}

Skeeter
September 23, 2003, 03:54 PM
1911sr,

Welcome to the board from a new member myself! I just joined the other day.

Nice area your living in. Although I brought my family back to my home state of Vermont for a couple of years, we have a house and property just SE of Great Falls. I lived out there for about 20 years. We'll be back in four years at the most. And can't wait to get back out there.

Skeeter

Balog
September 23, 2003, 04:14 PM
Just joined myself, but I'd agree it's an excellent source. Nice to see a lady interested in the shooting sports. Now if I can just swing my wife from "mild interest" to "near fanaticism" like me:) Anyhoo, welcome aboard!

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks, guys. I've never actually lived in town. I can't stand being away from Lost Prairie. We have a really nice range here at home so I can shoot as often as I want.
I've visited in Florida but I'd really like to see the ocean some day. Especially the Pacific. But NOT in California.

New_comer
September 23, 2003, 07:19 PM
Welcome to THR, 1911sr! ;)

Hand_Rifle_Guy
September 23, 2003, 07:24 PM
Now, c'mon, dear.

As a PRK native, I can swear to you that Californy is a WONDERFUL place to visit. I can't reccomend MOVING here, but don't knock the place's geography sight unseen.

You have my permission to ridicule the political environs all you want. "Circus" is an understatement.

This place really does have some of the nicest places to live in the whole country. To write it off to the liberal loonies who've congregated here is to let them win, and die with mostest bestest toys. That is a crime, and a dis-service to all loyal Americans.

Besides, If'n you don't come to visit, how can I hold the door for you or volunteer to put an apple on my head? ;)

Quartus
September 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
Second that, from my perspective of 40 of my years in southern Kali. I have NO desire to live there again, but if you want to experience the west coast, you've got to go to Kali. Southern for the swimming and body surfing, northern for the scenery.

Yes, I know, Oregon and Washington have beautiful coastline too. See ALL of it!

But there's nothing like Carmel...

1911sr
September 23, 2003, 07:42 PM
But I couldn't take my pistol, no?

Nightcrawler
September 23, 2003, 07:42 PM
Well, now that I've come out of my fever-funk...oh hell, it's Tuesday already? Man, I've missed two days of class now.

Ugh. I hate being sick. :barf:

Anyways, welcome aboard. :)

Chugach
September 24, 2003, 01:31 AM
Welcome, 1911sr, I think you'll enjoy it here. :)

I found F.G.S. Do you have a Web address for Simpsons, or is that a retail store?

tex_n_cal
September 24, 2003, 01:43 AM
welcome to THR ! This is a fun place.

And DarkEros also sounds like someone I should meet:evil:

1911sr
September 24, 2003, 12:05 PM
Hi chugach! Its http://www.simpsonltd.com
And somehow I thought DarkEros would be here. She's the one who sent me here. She must have a different name here, no?

Oops! I corrected the link!

September 24, 2003, 12:17 PM
Welcome to The High Road. Tell K-31 to stop by some time.

1911sr
September 24, 2003, 01:52 PM
Dad is sorta off the net for a while. He's trying to get me and Mom's medical stuff fixed. But I'll tell him.

:^

Trebor
October 21, 2003, 02:09 AM
Welcome,

I think I remember you from that other board, but you wouldn't know me 'cause I just mainly lurked there. I hope all is well with you. You'll like it here.

Rob

Ladybug
October 21, 2003, 02:55 AM
~~W~E~L~C~O~M~E~~
(me, waving my arms wildly and ashamed of being so late to the welcoming party!)

This is a great place - I came over here after the old (Firing Line) forum closed, and think this is probably the best place to hang out on the web! I post in spurts (lots for a few days then nothing for weeks/months) depending on how crazy my life gets... but I always find lots of great conversation and some pretty darned decent folks!

:)

Tamara
October 21, 2003, 07:51 AM
(me, waving my arms wildly and ashamed of being so late to the welcoming party!)

Don't feel bad, I'm even later. :o

Welcome to THR, 1911sr! :)

(Got a 96/11, myself. Love it! :D )

Mal H
October 21, 2003, 09:36 AM
I'll join the belated welcomes, 1911sr. So ... Welcome to THR!

I think I was without 'lectricity due to another 'lady', Isabel, when you arrived and I missed this thread.

Gus Dddysgrl
October 21, 2003, 10:01 AM
Here is another late welcoming party, but welcome. Great to see another daddy's girl among us. :D

Gus

Zackmeister
October 21, 2003, 02:55 PM
Welcome to THR!

I have lots of family in Kalispell. Can't wait to visit again! No mountains here in Texas. :-(

kernal_panic
October 21, 2003, 04:48 PM
hey 1911sr whats up? i found this place a week ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wow! Cool board!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!