Blanks

PDA

Ron-Bon
December 14, 2008, 01:59 AM
This post propably sounds silly but here goes:

I live in a neighborhood where everyone does a lot of shooting on New Year's Eve and Independence Day(I stay in the house and pray because I was taught that what goes up must come down, including bullets). Anyway, my neighbor and I were talking about this phenomenon the other day and he told me that he was going to purchase some blanks to shoot on New Year's.

Does anyone know if this is legal? Has anyone one else ever considered this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Blanks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WardenWolf
December 14, 2008, 02:10 AM
It's not legal. It's still considered wrecklessly handling or brandishing a firearm, and good luck getting a cop to believe they're just blanks after the fact.

Ron-Bon
December 14, 2008, 02:16 AM
That's kinda what I figured

kingpin008
December 14, 2008, 02:17 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be money that it's illegal, for exactly the reasons Mike The Wolf mentioned above.

That said, it's certainly not responsible gun use and ownership, running around firing randomly in the air to celebrate something. Dangerous, stupid, and a perfect example of something the anti's would absolutely love to use against us.

rondog
December 14, 2008, 02:37 AM
Blanks or not, you're still "discharging a firearm within the city limits".

If you enjoyed reading about "Blanks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!