Getting back in again

PDA

HiFidelity
September 22, 2003, 11:50 PM
A few years ago, I lost all of my equipment (guns, loading equipment, everything) to a house fire that left our entire house in ruins. THose safes are only guaranteed for a short amount of time in a blazing fire, so, all my arms and everything else was lost totally. I have stayed away from the shooting sport and loading to get my life back on track among other things. A few months ago, a co-worker told me about this website, and got me to shooting again. I have picked up a few nice pieces to start up again (629 6" nickel, 1911A-L), and started reading more and more on here. I feel that old feeling coming back again, just like it was yesterday. So, within the next few months, I am going to get back into handloading again. I am already enjoying being part of the family here. I just wanted to say thanks to you guys who make this place as great as it is. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting back in again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WhoKnowsWho
September 23, 2003, 12:39 AM
Glad to here you are jumping back in again. I can't imagine staying away from all of this for very long!

Pumpkinheaver
September 23, 2003, 12:41 AM
Welcome to thr and wecome back to shooting.

dakotasin
September 23, 2003, 08:34 PM
so sorry to read of your loss... by far, my biggest fear is a house fire for the exact reasons you mention.

at any rate, glad you decided to go a second round!

QuickDraw
September 26, 2003, 11:44 PM
HiFidelity,
Welcome to THR!Sorry for your loss.I'm kinda new to
reloading and don't have a lot of stuff,(compared to some here)
but if ya need anything,PM me.I might have an extra! :)

QuickDraw

HiFidelity
September 27, 2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks for your act of kindness quickdraw. I appreciate it and it's things like this that makes this place what it is. I am not in need of anything, but thanks for the kind gesture.

MaterDei
October 3, 2003, 04:33 PM
I agree with your sentiments entirely HiFi. I'm new here too and these folks are GREAT.

MaterDei

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting back in again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!