Pick a 32acp

PDA

mr.trooper
December 16, 2008, 03:58 AM
If you were limited to carrying a 32acp, and could only select from the models above, what model would you choose?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pick a 32acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ConstantineJ9
December 16, 2008, 04:51 AM
Bersa

Mad Magyar
December 16, 2008, 08:11 AM
Since you didn't list the Mauser HSc, I voted for the PPK...:)

mongo4567
December 16, 2008, 08:25 AM
I would choose the Keltec due to size, weight, and cost.

Marlin 45 carbine
December 16, 2008, 08:40 AM
I have a Tomcat, it and spare mag leave lots of room in my pockets when I'm lightly dressed. I like the tip-up barrel and exposed hammer but I had to take it down and do a trigger clean-up to suit me. it shoots good at 20'.

usp9
December 16, 2008, 08:57 AM
The one I do carry is the Seecamp. a great gun when tiny is your goal.

The CZ83 in .32acp is a blast to shoot at the range, but too big and heavy for carry. I've experienced rimlock with these mags though, so I have to be mindful of ammo choice.

I would have no problem carrying a .32acp PPK. My .32 PP is a workhorse.

Other .32's I'd like to try are the Sphinx AT, and the Sig P230, but they are rare.

mavracer
December 16, 2008, 09:23 AM
my seecamp is perfect.it's tiny, light enough, fits anywhere and built like a swiss watch. I also have a walther PP that shoots lights out.

cerberus65
December 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
I voted Seecamp but I would have voted NAA Guardian if it was on the list. The Tomcat was tempting too. I thought about getting one for my wife. But the .22LR ballistics of the .32 ACP finally convinced me not to.

mr.trooper
December 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
Its a tiny little palm pistol, what do want? a .44 magnum? This thread is about the guns, not the ballistics of the 32.

This isn't so much for pocket carry for myself. For this application i need the minimum amount of noise and recoil in a small package. Thats why I was initially leaning towards the PPK or the Tomcat, because their metal frames would absorb more recoil.

LightningMan
December 16, 2008, 01:58 PM
Well mine isn't listed,:confused: North American Arms Guardian,:( but the Seecamp looks similar.

Claude Clay
December 16, 2008, 02:01 PM
you left out colt 1903.....mauser 1914.....walther model 4
if im gonna carry anything that weights more than a KT id rather it have some panache

PRM
December 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
I carry a Walther PP in .32 and love it. It is 100% reliable with all types of ammo. Nine shots is also an impressive package. Easy size to carry, very accurate, and there are large variety holsters and mags readily available.

I have a CZ 83 in .380 - somewhat large and heavy for discreet carry.

I also have an NAA Guardian in .32 - great reliable gun - but is truly a close up and personal proposition. Does what it is designed for.

mavracer
December 16, 2008, 02:19 PM
if im gonna carry anything that weights more than a KT id rather it have some panache
I might feel that way if KT had been first,But I'm not giving up my seecamp.
does a walther pp count as pinache
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/mavracer/P3230076.jpg

mr.trooper
December 16, 2008, 02:33 PM
Im looking at new guns, not antiques.

Claude Clay
December 16, 2008, 02:39 PM
as my Karnac-the-magnificant head dress is at the cleaners; please forgive me for not having known that from your original post.

glockman19
December 16, 2008, 03:05 PM
I'm personally split between the Beretta Tomcat and the Keltec.

I'm leaning toward and voted for the Beretta tomcat.

mavracer
December 16, 2008, 03:12 PM
Its a tiny little palm pistol, what do want? a .44 magnum? This thread is about the guns, not the ballistics of the 32.

Im looking at new guns, not antiques.
Asking for help then kurt sarcasim toward those trying to help is not taking THR.

PRM
December 16, 2008, 04:02 PM
Im looking at new guns, not antiques. - mr.trooper

OK - Personally, I have found new does not always equate to better.

Asking for help then kurt sarcasim toward those trying to help is not taking THR. - mavracer

Could not have been stated better - I'm off this thread - Merry Christmas to all!!!

bja5006
December 16, 2008, 04:15 PM
Keltec. their 9mm got great reviews as far as reliability, size, and accuracy. i think i can trust them

CoRoMo
December 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
If I had to drop below 9mm (my preference), and it had to be a 32, I'd probably get a KelTec because I carry the P11 and love it. KelTec would be less expensive than a Seacamp, but the Seacamp would be my choice of the ones you listed had they all the same price.

Ala Dan
December 16, 2008, 09:09 PM
Seecamp LWS-32

Weedmonk
December 16, 2008, 09:31 PM
Although not on the OP's list, I like my NAA Guardian .32 acp. My second choice would be a Beretta Tomcat.

monkyboy1975
December 16, 2008, 09:42 PM
1st choice Seecamp, 2nd PP

DMW
December 16, 2008, 10:11 PM
I got a Seecamp two weeks ago. I've been to a few dealers and asked which mouse gun they would recommend. They all said Seecamp was their choice, if you can find one.

The Seecamp is vey well made. It is almost as if it is carved from a single billet of stainless steel. Also, it is remarkably small and easy to carry. This will ensure that you are able to carry it more often with more flexibility than a larger gun.

mr.trooper
December 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
I was clear in my first post that this was about the guns, not the caliber. I find it rude when people insert opinions that weren't asked for. But your right, I over-reacted, and That was not "high road".

To Claude Clay and Mavracer: Thank you for your suggestions. I am aware that there are many fine antique firearms that would fit my criterion, but they are more than i want to spend for a pocket pistol.

For example: a 1903 colt would be nice, but unfortunately they run over $400 for a piece with a chipped grip panel and partially worn finish. Since Im not looking for collectors value, It seems to me that i can get more bang for my buck out of a quality new pistol.

lechiffre
December 17, 2008, 01:10 AM
walther ppk

as long as it was not made by smith and wesson.

gazpacho
December 17, 2008, 05:41 AM
CZ 83

I shoot nothing but Sellier and Bellot FMJ thru mine and have never experienced rimlock with it.

Yes it is a bit big, but no more difficult to conceal than a baby Glock.

If I am limited in my caliber choice, then I want to maximize the use of that caliber.

The CZ 83 has a 3.75 inch barrel (maximizing velicity) 15 round magazine (15+1 maximum capacity) SA/DA with ambidex mag release and safety (maximum controls) and is highly accutate. It was designed as a Duty Sidearm. The trigger pull is superior to any of the other choices listed.

mr.trooper
December 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
Gazpacho, in your experience, how would the 83 work for a bag or nightstand gun?

okespe04
December 18, 2008, 12:38 AM
Chose the tomcat but I like my NAA Guardian better.

Kind of Blued
December 18, 2008, 05:51 AM
Why would anyone ever be limited to carrying a .32 ACP? :confused:

If I was going to carry one, it would be a BUG to my BUG, so I would pick the Kel-Tec because it is utterly tiny.

heavyshooter
December 18, 2008, 07:47 AM
In the absence of an NAA Guardian I voted Seecamp.

bannockburn
December 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
If price was a concern, then I would go with the Keltec.
If price were no object, and one was available, then I would choose the Seecamp.

MostlyHarmless
December 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
Seecamp is IMO the best .32.

Kel Tec has the most bang for the buck, in the sense that you get more recoil and it costs less...:-) Both go off when you pull the trigger. Depends on whether you want a beautifully designed and manufactured piece or something utilitarian.

sm
December 18, 2008, 08:37 PM
I have carried both the Tomcat and Walther.

I recommend either of these.

mr.trooper
December 18, 2008, 11:51 PM
Why would anyone ever be limited to carrying a .32 ACP?

If I was going to carry one, it would be a BUG to my BUG, so I would pick the Kel-Tec because it is utterly tiny.

Never said I was limited to caliber. Never said it was going to be a carry piece either.

I have chosen the caliber based on the intended application. Its the best for my needs. That is not up for discussion. I'm simply asking for input ALL of the possible platforms that could be used to fire that cartridge.

at this point I'm leaning heavily towards either the CZ-83 or the Beretta Tomcat. They are both approximately $360 locally.

gazpacho
December 20, 2008, 06:26 AM
IMHO all of the tiny pocket guns would make a lousy bag gun or nightstand gun.

The Tomcat is a pocket gun. It's perceived recoil is at least twice that of the CZ-83.

Of the 5 guns listed, I would choose the CZ first, followed by the Bersa.

The CZ-83 is a fully featured handgun, and I think it would perform well. It will deploy quickly, fire quickly and with accuracy. It may be the most capable 32acp handgun made today. It is not my personal choice for a nightstand gun (an XD9 Tactical takes that role) but it goes to the range very often, because it is just such a pleasure to shoot.

I actually also own a Walther PP as well as 4 Kel-Tec P32s. The P32 is an excellect pocket pistol, and yes, one time at a party I actually carried all 4, just for giggles. My friend asked if I was carrying a gun. I smiled and said, "Nope. I'm carrying 4."

32acp is definately not my first caliber choice. But it has its place.

dogngun
December 20, 2008, 09:51 AM
I used to own a Keltac, and liked it, but I had trouble seeing the sights.
I now own an "antique" FEG .32 ACP, very similar to the Walther.
I carry that a lot when I'm not carrying a .45.
I'd go with the CZ, based on your choices listed here.

mark

chuckusaret
December 20, 2008, 12:36 PM
Based on the guns listed I would select the Seecamp. The NAA Guardian .32 acp is my next purchase

thunder173
December 27, 2008, 02:49 PM
Carried a German made Walther PP in.32 ACP for over 20 years,
....nearly 24/7, ..thousands of rounds went down range in that piece,...about as reliable as one could ask for,...never whimpered or missed a lick. Carry a Keltec P3AT now, but sure miss that Walther PP.

icebones
December 27, 2008, 03:07 PM
aye, a PPK anyday. as much as i like the kel-tecs, there are more than a few out there that jam A LOT. mostly earlier models. but the ppk is a classic. plus, u could wear a tux and ride a jetpack to work and claim you work for MI6:D just like 007!!!

afti123
January 22, 2009, 02:18 PM
A .32 TomCat Beretta mine goes through phone books and is pinpoint accurate out 50yards! yeah heavytriger get it worked on.:)

burningsquirrels
January 22, 2009, 02:27 PM
well, if it's gotta be a tiny caliber, it might as well pack the most capability... CZ for its high capacity, since you potentially might need to shoot all fifteen. :D

amd6547
January 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
I carried a Walther PP 32 for several years myself, and it was an excellent and accurate pistol, plus it carried conceled very well. There were quite few surplus PP police pistols imported, and they can be found fairly cheap.
The 32 will definately ring your chimes if fired without hearing protection.
Of the pistols you list, I would go with the CZ, as I have the CZ82 in 9 makarov, and it is an excellent pistol. A similar choice to the CZ would be the Beretta 84.

broken
January 22, 2009, 04:55 PM
the gunshop sells more .32 acp and pa63 maks ,better buy for the money.bersa.380 are pushing 300.00 you can have one of each of a ap32 and pa63 for both for less then 275.00 around here.i went on bersatalk seems to be alot of quality control problems to me.my pa63 doesnt show near as much wear on frame rails,cracked barrell base, like some of their .380"s.just my observance.

thunder173
January 22, 2009, 09:53 PM
Carried a German made PP in .32 for over 20 years,...never an issue. Swapped it one day in a moment of lust for a cute little Italian thing,...a Beretta 84,....regreted that swap then,..and still do. Carry a Keltec P3AT nowadays when I need to stay tiny....Sure miss that Walther though. Have a Bersa .380,....but it just isn't the same as that PP.

alaskanativeson
January 22, 2009, 11:05 PM
Kel-Tec. I've had my P32 for many years now and haven't had a single problem with it. I now have a P-3AT which I haven't shot yet.

mrt949
January 23, 2009, 08:47 PM
seecamp 32.spend the money on the best.you only live once.

denfoote
January 24, 2009, 02:12 AM
When I carried a .32acp, it was specifically this one:

http://usera.ImageCave.com/denfoote/FrenchPP.jpg

JB Books
January 24, 2009, 04:24 AM
Walther PPK would be my choice. The Colt 1903 is great. But if you want a high cap, how about a Beretta 81? Looks just like an 84 Holds 12.

gglass
January 24, 2009, 04:51 PM
I don't understand the premise of the question, as most of the handguns listed or in this gun class also come in .380acp versions.

"No thank you Mr. Salesman, I'll take less stopping power in the same sized weapon."

I noticed that you said that the .32 caliber was not up for discussion because of its intended purpose. I can only surmise that the intended purpose then is to use a mouse-gun to actually go mouse hunting. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Pick a 32acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!