help with Id

PDA

hdrider2245
December 16, 2008, 06:00 AM
I recently purchased a Tanfoglio BTA-90 imported by Excam. EAA is the current importer. This is a compact 9mm all steel pistol with a slide mounted decock/safety.Any info on this gun would be appreciated. What does the B IN BTA designate? Ive seen photos o a ta-90 and they look the same. I e-mailed both EAA and Tanfoglio for info and to date no response from either.If you know anything abput this pistol let me know. Thanks in advance for the help.

If you enjoyed reading about "help with Id" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robert
December 16, 2008, 09:55 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=127675
You might check that thread or rummage through the archives and see what comes up. To the best of my knowledge it is a CZ clone, though I do not know what the B stands for. And from what I have read EAA has terrible customer service so I would not hold my breath on them getting back to you. Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

hdrider2245
December 17, 2008, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the info Gus.After looking at a TA-90, I think the b in BTA-9o refers to the compact or"baby"TA. The Ta is a full size pistol,whereas mine is compact.Still unsure, but still trying.

If you enjoyed reading about "help with Id" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!