What ammo to use

PDA

Dbro20
December 16, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hey I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on ammo, for a Smith and Wesson M&P 40. I was looking at cci 180 grain full metal jacket for target practice.

If you enjoyed reading about "What ammo to use" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NG VI
December 16, 2008, 12:30 PM
Anything except extreeeeem shox! For tarets, use whatever you want, not like you will hurt it, so long as you aren't shooting bungled reloads.

Dbro20
December 16, 2008, 12:38 PM
will the box say it is p+ cause i heard that can damage the pistol

NG VI
December 16, 2008, 01:54 PM
No such thing as a .40 +P, GA does mark some of theirs +P but it just means it is their hotter loaded .40, instead of the slightly lighter loaded ammo they also make.

tlen
December 16, 2008, 03:51 PM
.40 s&w blazer brass 180 gr fmj [50]; $12.50 @wmt.

Marcus L.
December 16, 2008, 07:27 PM
The S&W M&P has a slightly slower rifling twist rate than most .40 pistols on the market. This increases barrel life and reduces recoil, but it makes it a little less accurate with certain grain weights and loads. My suggestion is to get a box of 155gr, 165gr, and 180gr Speer Gold Dots and see how your shot groupings are at 15yrds. All will perform well against a person, but you should pick the one that shoots the best out of the pistol. If they all shoot equally as well, go with the 180gr which is a little easier to control and puts less wear and tear on the pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "What ammo to use" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!