Suggestion for the Trading Post ...

PDA

Legionnaire
December 16, 2008, 06:04 PM
Wonder if you'd consider changing the Trading Post forums to work like the classifieds do over at http://www.pafoa.org/forum/. There, no one can reply to the original post; all contacts between sellers and prospective buyers have to go through PM or email. Further, the original post is left open for editing by the seller indefinitely, so updates, changes in asking price, etc., can be made right in the original post. It seems to work very well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestion for the Trading Post ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
December 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
Respectfully, I think the current system already works pretty well as it is - why fix what's not broken?

Mal H
December 16, 2008, 07:47 PM
I have to agree with kingpin008.

The first part of your suggestion would leave every transaction in the dark other than the original for-sale/trade post. As it stands now, there is very good value in having a public record of the "I'll take it" and similar posts.

The second part would leave the seller free to change the original post after a deal or offer has been made. Over 99% of our members wouldn't take advantage of that loophole, but it has happened and will happen more often if editing can be carried out essentially forever.

Legionnaire
December 16, 2008, 11:06 PM
Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestion for the Trading Post ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!