Is it ok to ship ammo loaded in magazines?

PDA

The Swede
December 17, 2008, 10:28 AM
I am shipping some ammo out today. Some of the ammo is loose. The person I am selling to also bought some magazines from me. I am sending enough magazines to put the loose ammo in. Would it be legal to send this ammo loaded in the magazines?
Thanks for you help-

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it ok to ship ammo loaded in magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BBQLS1
December 17, 2008, 11:03 AM
I have no idea, but it sounds like it would be a good thing. The mags will protect the primers better than the cardboard box.

Nathanael_Greene
December 17, 2008, 11:38 AM
I've seen tons of stuff for sale on stripper clips or M-1 en bloc magazines. Seems like the same thing to me.

The Swede
December 17, 2008, 11:50 AM
That's what I was thinking. Much better to ship in the magazines that to ship loose. Good point Nathanael, I've seen that stuff for sale too.
Thank you-

jerkface11
December 17, 2008, 01:00 PM
There are some states where you aren't allowed to travel with a loaded magazine though.

Drail
December 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
Have no idea of the legality but be sure to pack them very well if you do. A box of loaded mags hitting the deck hard could damage the magazines.

3pairs12
December 30, 2008, 10:52 PM
what about shipping ammo with an AR upper in the same box? Legal or no? Seems like it should be, but these days one can never be certain.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it ok to ship ammo loaded in magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!