Mail Call Sunday

PDA

greyhound
September 23, 2003, 10:37 AM
I may be wearing a tin-foil hat, but did anyone feel a little weird about the segment where they were teaching the soldiers urban combat?

They had a little training town that looked a lot more like the USA than any foreign place (Basra or Kabul, for instance).

They had a little Elementary School, Post Office, Convenience store, etc.

Not implying that the JBT are coming, it just looked odd seeing US tanks and soldiers blowing up a US town.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mail Call Sunday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longtom4570
September 23, 2003, 10:46 AM
Umm no your not paranoid:D really just add another layer of tin foil:evil:
it was a little weird tho to see that,it did seem strange that all the building were american:scrutiny:

Glockster35
September 23, 2003, 10:58 AM
Guys,

There is probably a reason for this. If they built mosque type buildings it would look like the military was training up to take on the Muslims. If they built Russian looking buildings it would look like we were preparing to over take Russia next...get the idea. The media would surely grab pics and make it into something it's probably not.

Camel
September 23, 2003, 10:58 AM
I thought the buildings looked pretty generic. It just looked like a plywood town to me. Towns in most non-third world countries look similar. Maybe we're planning on invading Europe? :evil:

longtom4570
September 23, 2003, 11:20 AM
Did'nt we invade europe twice before?:D

Leatherneck
September 23, 2003, 12:05 PM
MOUT facilities I've seen are pretty generic. The idea is to have stacked and convoluted box-like rooms with multiple hidey-holes like any town on earth.

Put the tinfoil down and back away...:D

TC
TFL Survivor

If you enjoyed reading about "Mail Call Sunday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!