Is night sight on Sig P226 worth the extra 80SU$?

PDA

dicty2004
December 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
Saw a pair of p226s in my local gun shop yesterday. The night sight version is ~80 bucks over the contrast version. Is the night sight worth the extra? The gun will be a range and night stand gun. Thanks for any inputs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is night sight on Sig P226 worth the extra 80SU$?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
December 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
I think so, provided there are white outlines around the inserts to use in the daytime. It would cost around $100 to retrofit them.

zignal_zero
December 21, 2008, 12:01 AM
i'm a huge advocate of NS's, but if it's only two functions are "range and night stand" i think the extra 80 would be better spent on a tac light. does it have a rail? if so, buy the one w/o NS's and get tac light. imo

dicty2004
December 21, 2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks for quick responses and pardon me for the typo in the tittle.

Kind of Blued
December 21, 2008, 01:32 AM
pardon me for the typo in the tittle.

tee hee hee. :)

If it's a night stand gun, assuming you sleep in the dark, absolutely go for it. Might save your life some day (er, night).

1SOW
December 21, 2008, 01:54 AM
For self defense, I'd get the night sights. With a tac light they may see you before you see them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is night sight on Sig P226 worth the extra 80SU$?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!