Ruger 345 (I know it's been done, but...)

PDA

burnse
December 21, 2008, 12:27 AM
I saw the ruger p345 on their website when it was new, and liked the looks, as far as plastic goes, but then I heard about that magazine disconnect and immediately wanted nothing to do with it.

Now I hear that removing that horrible creation from an otherwise reliable pistol is as simple as removing the rear safety. I am interested again.

What I would like to hear is something from newer purchasers or handlers of this pistol. Specifically, is the external safety a decocker, or a true firing-pin block? And assuming the disconnect is removed, would you trust it for ccw?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 345 (I know it's been done, but...)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kind of Blued
December 21, 2008, 01:33 AM
I can't help much, but everything I've heard says that Ruger autoloaders are boringly reliable. Just don't drop any of the new ones... :eek:

burnse
December 21, 2008, 01:35 AM
Just don't drop any of the new ones...

Why not?

Kind of Blued
December 21, 2008, 01:41 AM
The SR9 and the LCP have been recalled. It seems they aren't neccesarily "drop safe". It's probably not that big of a deal. Ruger is just playing it safe.

burnse
December 21, 2008, 02:05 AM
gotcha.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 345 (I know it's been done, but...)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!