My Sigma after a S&W tune-up...

PDA

ZO6Vettever
December 22, 2008, 08:33 AM
In the first 425 rounds, 7 light primer strikes, 2 stovepipes and a trigger that felt mushy. I sent it back to S&W. They returned it with a new recoil rod and spring, said they modified the barrel and trigger. The feed ramp was polished and the throat opened up, not sure what they did with the trigger. Yesterday I put 273 mixed JHP and FMJ down the pipe with no malfs. The trigger is still long and hard (that's a good thing, right?) but the mushy feel is gone and you know when it is about to break. My neighbor is retired NYPD and he said it was the best DAO he has ever fired. It has an all together differant feel to it now. Before you sell, modify or change springs I would let S&W do the voodoo they do so well. Ten days turn around and they pay shipping!

If you enjoyed reading about "My Sigma after a S&W tune-up..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
outerlimit
December 22, 2008, 08:41 AM
Did you get a return packing slip with any details? I'm interested to know what they might have done to it.

XD9WBT
December 22, 2008, 08:42 AM
I wonder why they don't just do it right from the beginning?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/sillydakid/confused.jpg

ZO6Vettever
December 22, 2008, 09:56 AM
Did you get a return packing slip with any details? I'm interested to know what they might have done to it.
I did and it simply said "modified". It's hard to tell without a "before and after" but it appears they took some off the striker assembly where it contacts the sear but I'm not sure. Miltec 1 smoothed it out even more. Whatever they did took away the "when the hell is it going to go bang" feeling. Totally predictable is the best I can describe it. Trigger pull is no harder than a DA revolover and lighter than some DAO semi's. It's my carry gun and a hard trigger is a good thing. If the need should ever arise to use it in self defense I doubt anyone would notice a stiff trigger. All I can say after range time is if I wore lipstick it would have been on both ears! LOL! It would be nice if it was "right" out of the box but they made it perfect now.

cjw3cma
December 22, 2008, 03:43 PM

They must have as my Sigma 40V has been perfect for me since the day I purchased it. But if anything ever does need 'smithing I will return it to S&W and hope they do as good a job.

XD9WBT
December 22, 2008, 03:55 PM

They must have as my Sigma 40V has been perfect for me since the day I purchased it. But if anything ever does need 'smithing I will return it to S&W and hope they do as good a job.

Well it does stand to reason that eventually they would get one right just because of the laws of averages. Kinda like the monkeys with typewriters story.:D

ZO6Vettever
December 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
XD9WBT, I guess you're right, you can type! LOL

22lr
December 24, 2008, 01:18 PM
I love Simgas. I had a 9VE for a long time, then sold it and got a 5906. Give me a Sigma over a Glock anyday, besides its made in Americas. BTW I saw one a guy sent to Bowie Tactical, dang almost made me go buy another one.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Sigma after a S&W tune-up..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!