Found a new DPMS for 800$

PDA

sta500rdr
December 22, 2008, 02:02 PM
After much research I finally went and made my decision. They had a Sabre Defence for 895$ and a DPMS Panther Classic for 800$. I held them both, played around with them a bit, and the DPMS felt much better to me. Plus at first appearance it looks like a much higher quality product. The Sabre Defence just looked cheap to me. Thank you for everyone's help, and I am sure I will have more questions in the future. If anyone is looking for a decent selection at good prices Jay's Sporting Goods in Gaylord, MI is the place to go. Their prices have always been much lower than anyone else I have seen.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a new DPMS for 800$" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
W.E.G.
December 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
As the general availability of cash for discretionary spending declines, and as the panic-demand is sated, we can expect middle-of-the-country (figuratively speaking) places like this to start receiving regular inventory again, and prices will begin to settle back toward what they were when the panic struck in mid-November.

PryItFromMyColdDeadHands
December 22, 2008, 02:40 PM
I agree with W.E.G.....ppl are spending their christmas savings on firearms and justifiying the purchases on the election. So I hope that I am right by saying that once the new year starts we will see a drop in price. However it will not get down to pre-election prices.

TRGRHPY
December 22, 2008, 02:41 PM
Congrats on the new addition. Named her yet? So now do you have a list of accessories to add?

FlyinBryan
December 22, 2008, 02:57 PM
sounds like you got a really good deal.

i dont have a dpms rifle, but every single person ive known to have them are very satisfied once they shoot them.

keep her clean and oiled and she will last you a lifetime.

now we expect a range report!!!!

sta500rdr
December 22, 2008, 03:33 PM
No name for her yet. Oh wait.... Charlene Sir!

I have had it in my posession for only about 3 hours so far, not a single round through it yet, and I am accessory shopping already. This is not good. Why wasn't I warned?

possum
December 22, 2008, 04:15 PM
awesome, congrats can't wait to hear how it does for you.

22lr
December 22, 2008, 04:17 PM
Dang that aint a bad pricefor a DPMS, especially with the panic in full swing.

45B@cav
December 22, 2008, 04:37 PM
EBR mania is in full swing and you still got a good price. Congrats, enjoy the rifle.

SHvar
December 23, 2008, 12:37 AM
In the first month I had my DPMS I think I spent a few hundred on accessories for it. And spent more since, yet it already had some aftermarket goodies on it.

cavemandave1975
December 24, 2008, 03:28 PM
verry good price with the price gouging goin on lol

hadmanysons
December 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
Do it! That's an awesome price pre or post Nov 4th. You could use the money you save to buy a better BCG and trigger and stuff. Good find.

aubie515
December 26, 2008, 05:04 AM
The Sabre is not a "cheap" AR15. Looks can be a personal opinion thing, but Sabre produces quality products. I recall in the past that people have said the same thing about DPMS.

In any case, you found two AR15s that were priced right.

notorious
December 26, 2008, 05:08 AM
How about that Sportical?

Mike2
December 26, 2008, 08:56 AM
Pretty sweet deal!!!

moooose102
December 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
GOOD 4 U! i want one, but finances right now will not permit it. if i can still get one, maybe in june or july i will be out of hock enough to buy one. i am thinking dpms also.

DarkCharisma
December 26, 2008, 11:21 AM
Good find--I got my DPMS for 750+tax in November, which came out to $803. You will NOT be dissapointed. It's a very well put together gun.

December 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
After much research I finally went and made my decision. They had a Sabre Defence for 895$ and a DPMS Panther Classic for 800$. I held them both, played around with them a bit, and the DPMS felt much better to me. Plus at first appearance it looks like a much higher quality product. The Sabre Defence just looked cheap to me. Thank you for everyone's help, and I am sure I will have more questions in the future. If anyone is looking for a decent selection at good prices Jay's Sporting Goods in Gaylord, MI is the place to go. Their prices have always been much lower than anyone else I have seen.Man, I would have gotten that Sabre Defence in a heart beat. Not knocking DPMS, but all AR "look" the same. But, for that extra $95, the Sabre gives you military-grade barrel steel, chrome lined barrel, M4 feed ramp. I know, I know, different strokes for different folks. I would have grabbed two Sabre at that price.:D

Congrats on you DPMS.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a new DPMS for 800$" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!