Chamber Bore Sight for .22LR?

PDA

Plainview
December 22, 2008, 03:31 PM
Do these exist? All I can seem to find are the Bushnell-type exterior bore sights, and I'm reading nothing but bad reviews about them.

Is there a chamber bore sight for .22LR rifles out there?

Could someone recommend a good bore sight for .22LR rimfire rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "Chamber Bore Sight for .22LR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ds92
December 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
i use my brother's BSA boresighter, it seems to work OK, but not exceptional. I have yet to find a .22lr laser sighting device

rcmodel
December 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think anyone makes one that small.

And IMO: You don't need one anyway.

If you can't sight in a .22 by shooting it, it's time you learned how.
It's not like shells cost $3.00 a shot or anything!

rcmodel

Plainview
December 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. A bore sight would just be another expense anyhow.

Ratshooter
December 22, 2008, 06:04 PM
I use my Cabelas laser bore sighter for my 22s. I think its made by laser lite. Anyway it works fine. I just shot my new 77/22 that was bore sighted with it. It only took a couple of clicks each way to get it to zero at 50 yards.

The bore sight I have will work on 22 thru 50 caliber at least and maybe up to 54 caliber. It is one of the best tools I have bought for shooting. I paid a little over $50 for mine and see them on sale for less.

basicblur
December 22, 2008, 07:48 PM
What ratshooter said?

I bought the High Precision model of LaserLyte's unit ($100)-made of metal instead of plastic, but I really like the storage box that comes with it.

Maybe not worth it for 1 gun, or cheap ammo, but I've got a number of toys on 3 AR's and it really saves time/ammo/$$$. I remember checking one of the AR's after boresighting it (at 100 yards), and it was 2 inches high, 3 inches right @ 100 yards when I got to the range.

Used my laser rangefinder to locate a target 'bout 100 yards from my bedroom window, then at night, used the laser boresighter to sight 'em all in on said target.

FightingWombat
December 23, 2008, 04:30 AM
I have a Laserlyte i picked up at walmart for ~$30 made mostly of red aluminum it gets me in the ballpark till i get a chance to go sight it in. I use my basement and 30 yards works so far.
edit: its an external

If you enjoyed reading about "Chamber Bore Sight for .22LR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!